Saturation-dip measurements in the 2ν2 overtone band of OCS with a CO2-laser/microwave-sideband spectrometer
- 29 Downloads
We have employed a CO2-laser/microwave-sideband spectrometer to carry out saturation-dip sub-Doppler measurements of a number of 2ν2 overtone transitions of OCS in the 10-μm region. The OCS frequencies have been obtained with an absolute accuracy of order ±37 kHz, as determined from a careful analysis of the combined uncertainties in the frequency of our Lamb-dip-locked laser and the centers of the observed OCS saturation signals. Our ±37 kHz measurement accuracy is consistent with literature OCS sub-Doppler data obtained on a similar instrument. The results serve to extend the comb of precise reference frequencies in the 10-μm region and to determine the magnitudes of systematic and random uncertainties of our CO2 laser.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Z.-D. Sun, Q. Liu, R.M. Lees, L.-H. Xu, M.Yu. Tretyakov, V.V. Dorovskikh: “Dual-ModeCO2-Laser/Microwave-Sideband Spectrometer with Broadband and Saturation Dip Detection for CH3OH”, submitted to Rev. Sci. Instrum., in print Google Scholar
- 4.P.K. Cheo: IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-20, 700 (1984) Google Scholar
- 6.A.G. Maki, J.S. Wells: Wavenumber Calibration Tables from Heterodyne Frequency Measurements (National Institute of Standards and Technology Special Publication 821, U.S. Department of Commerce, Washington, DC 1991) and references therein Google Scholar
- 8.G. Duxbury: private communication Google Scholar
- 11.G. Moruzzi, B.P. Winnewisser, M. Winnewisser, I. Mukhopadhyay, F. Strumia: Microwave, Infrared and Laser Transitions of Methanol (CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL 1995) Google Scholar