New far-infrared emissions and frequency measurements in hydrazine
- First Online:
- 34 Downloads
By means of a new CO2 laser we performed a new investigation of the far-infrared laser emission spectrum of hydrazine excited by the 10P(32) and 10R(8) CO2 laser lines. We found seven new lines and measured the frequency of four of them; moreover we measured the frequencies of two more lines previously reported in the literature with only wavelength measurements. The frequencies of the far-infrared laser emissions have been measured by means of a frequency-synthesis chain based on new InP Schottky diodes. The detected signal was beat-note generated in a Schottky diode between the far-infrared radiation, the harmonics of a 72 GHz frequency reference and a rf signal. We also characterized all of the observed lines by their polarization relative to the pumping CO2 laser, the optimum pressure and the offset relative to the CO2 center frequency.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.H.E. Radford, F.R. Peterson, D.A. Jennings, J.A. Mucha: IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-13, 92 (1977) Google Scholar
- 3.H. Jones, G. Taubmann, M. Takami: IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-18, 1997 (1982) Google Scholar
- 5.A. Bertolini, G. Carelli, A. Moretti, G. Moruzzi, F. Strumia: IEEE J. Quantum Electron. QE-35, 12 (1999) Google Scholar
- 7.G. Galzerano, C. Svelto, E. Bava, G. Carelli, M. Finotti, A. Moretti, N. Beverini: IEEE Trans. Instrum. Meas. (in press) Google Scholar
- 8.V.F. Zakhar’yash, V.M. Klement’ev, B.A. Timchenko, V.G. Bozhkov, O.Yu. Malakhovskii: Instrum. Exp. Tech. 35, 97 (1992) Google Scholar
- 9.A. Bertolini, N. Beverini, G. Carelli, M. Francesconi, N. Ioli, M. Nannizzi, A. Moretti, F. Strumia: to be published Google Scholar