Influence of porous configuration on dielectric and piezoelectric properties of KNN–BKT lead-free ceramic
- 27 Downloads
Porous piezoelectric ceramics are the far and wide known graded functional materials. Of late, lead-free porous piezoelectric systems have increased enormous consideration, because of the factors inclusive of environmental friendly, light weight, low acoustic impedance and versatility. Porous lead-free (1-x) (K, Na) NbO3. x (Bi, K) TiO3 (KNN–BKT) solid solution, was synthesized by solid state method. The porogen utilized as part of this work was ammonium oxalate monohydrate in 10, 20, 30 and 40 wt% to get diverse porosity levels in the lead-free specimen. Primary evaluation of the porous specimen has been done with respect to its phase by XRD and surface microstructure using SEM. The specimens were poled and their piezoelectric coefficients were assessed at varied temperatures. Dielectric properties as a function of temperature and frequency are also reported for the specimens.
We like to acknowledge Anna University Chennai, IITM chennai for their technical and characterization facilities throughout this research work.
- 3.A.J. Dantziger, Multicomponent systems of ferroelectric solid solutions: physics, crystallochemistry, technology, design aspects of piezoelectric materials. (Rostov on Don, Russia: Rostov State University Press, 2001) Vol. 1–2Google Scholar
- 11.B. Jaffe, W.R. Cook Jr., H. Jaffe, Piezoelectric ceramics (Academic Press, New York, 1971), pp. 115–181Google Scholar
- 31.A. Sabin, Problems in particle size: laser diffraction observations, J. GXP Compliance 15, 4 (2011) http://www.ivtnetwork.com/journal-gxp-compliance/journal-of-gxp-compliance-2687GXP
- 38.Amir Khesro, Ph.D Thesis, Department of Material Science and Engineering University of Sheffield (2016). http://etheses.whiterose.ac.uk/id/eprint/16185
- 40.A. Dean, Lange’s Chemistry Handbook (McGraw-Hill Professional, New York, 2004), p. 256Google Scholar
- 42.Vikram S Yadav, Devendra K Sahu, Yashpal Singh, D.C.Dhubkarya, in Proceedings of IMECS, Vol 3, 2010Google Scholar