An ovonic threshold switching selector based on Se-rich GeSe chalcogenide
- 113 Downloads
In this work, an ovonic threshold switching (OTS) selector with simply binary GeSe has been demonstrated. According to mean coordination number theory, Se-rich GeSe was chosen as the dielectric layer. Meanwhile, annealing process was attempted to reduce defect quantity and enhance atomic structure stability. The results showed improving selector performance such as low off current (< 0.1 nA at ~ 1 V), high on current (> 1 mA at ~ 2 V), extremely sharp switching slope (< 3 mv/dec), fast operating speed (turn-on time < 100 ns). In addition, the mechanism of trap-assisted Poole–Frenkel conduction has been deduced to explain the reasons for improvements induced by annealing.
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant no. 61604177, 61704191 and 61471377).
- 4.P.M. Sheridan, F. Cai, C. Du, W. Ma, Z. Zhang, W.D. Lu, Sparse coding with memristor networks. Nat. Technol. 12(8), 784–789 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.S. Kim, Y.-B. Kim, K. M. Kim, S.-J. Kim, S. R. Lee, M. Chang, et al., Performance of threshold switching in chalcogenide glass for 3D stackable selector. Symposium on VLSI Technology Digest, 2013, pp. T240–T241Google Scholar
- 11.M.-J. Lee, D. Lee, S.-H. Cho, J.-H. Hur, S.-M. Lee, D.H. Seo et al., A plasma-treated chalcogenide switch device for stackable scalable 3D nanoscale memory. Nat. Commun. 4(2629), 1–8 (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.N. S. Avasarala, B. Govoreanu, K. Opsomer, W. Devulder, S. Clima, C. Detavernier, et al., Doped GeSe materials for selector applications. IEEE Proceedings of ESSDERC, 2017, pp. 168–171Google Scholar
- 16.B. Govoreanu, G. L. Donadio, K. Opsomer, W. Devulder, V. V. Afanas’ev, T. Witters, et al., Thermally stable integrated Se-based OTS selectors with > 20 MA/cm2 current drive, > 3 × 103 half-bias nonlinearity, tunable threshold voltage and excellent endurance. Symposium on VLSI Technology Digest, 2017, pp. T92–T93Google Scholar
- 17.A. Verdy, G. Navarro, V. Sousa, P. Noe, M. Bernard, F. Fillot, et al., Improved electrical performance thanks to Sb and N doping in Se-Rich GeSe-Based OTS selector devices. Proceedings on IEEE International Memory Workshop (IMW), 2017, pp. 1–4Google Scholar
- 22.B. Govoreanu, G.S. Kar, Y-Y. Chen, V. Paraschiv, S. Kubicek, A. Fantini, et al., 10 × 10 nm2 Hf/HfOx crossbar resistive RAM with excellent performance, reliability and low-energy operation. Proceedings of IEDM, 2011, pp. 31.6.1–31.6.4Google Scholar
- 27.H. Yang, M. Li, W. He, Y. Jiang, K. G. Lim, and W. Song, et al., Novel selector for high density non-volatile memory with ultra-low holding voltage and 107 on/off ratio. Symposium on VLSI Technology Digest, 2015, pp. T130–T131Google Scholar