Preparation of antistatic epoxy resin by functionalization of MWCNTs with Fe3O4-modified polyaniline under a magnetic field
- 16 Downloads
Aiming at improving the surface antistatic property of epoxy resins by a low dosage of antistatic agents, a novel strategy was carried out by utilizing an antistatic agent with a magnetic material, functional multi-wall carbon nanotubes with Fe3O4-modified polyaniline (MWCNTs@PANI-SH@Fe3O4). Here, the MWCNTs@PANI-SH@Fe3O4 was evenly mixed, dispersed into the epoxy resin and did not form a conductive network in the resin matrix due to the less additive amount of the MWCNTs@PANI-SH@Fe3O4; in such a case, we put the mixture above in a magnetic field, and the MWCNTs@PANI-SH@Fe3O4 had directional movement along the direction of the magnetic field to the surface layer of epoxy resin. When the amount of the magnetic antistatic agent per unit volume increased to a certain extent, the conductive network was formed. The surface resistivity was decreased to 6.8 × 108 Ω sq−1 at 0.3 wt% concentration of MWCNTs@PANI-SH@Fe3O4.
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Project no. 51203007).
- 7.Heuer, H.W., Wehrmann, R.: Polymeric anti-static agent: US Patent 9290590(P). 2016-3-22 (2016)Google Scholar
- 11.M. Salavati-Niasari, M. Bazarganipour, Effect of single-wall carbon nanotubes on direct epoxidation of cyclohexene catalyzed by new derivatives of cis-dioxomolybdenum (VI) complexes with bis-bidentate Schiff-base containing aromatic nitrogen–nitrogen linkers. J. Mol. Catal. A Chem. 278(1–2), 173–180 (2007)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 15.H. Khojasteh, M. Salavati-Niasari, M.P. Mazhari, M. Hamadanian, Preparation and characterization of Fe3O4@SiO2@TiO2@Pd and Fe3O4@ SiO2@TiO2@Pd–Ag nanocomposites and their utilization in enhanced degradation systems and rapid magnetic separation. RSC Adv. 6(81), 78043–78052 (2016)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 18.M. Salavati-Niasari, E. Esmaeili, H. Seyghalkar, M. Bazarganipour, Cobalt (II) Schiff base complex on multi-wall carbon nanotubes (MWNTs) by covalently grafted method: synthesis, characterization and liquid phase epoxidation of cyclohexene by air. Inorg. Chim. Acta 375(1), 11–19 (2011)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 31.E. Khosravifard, M. Salavati-Niasari, M. Dadkhah, G. Sodeifian, Synthesis and characterization of TiO2–CNTs nanocomposite and investigation of viscosity and thermal conductivity of a new nanofluid. J. Nanostruct. 2(2), 191–197 (2012)Google Scholar
- 38.S. Neuville, Carbon structure analysis with differentiated raman spectroscopy: refined raman spectroscopy fundamentals for improved carbon material engineering (LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken, 2014)Google Scholar
- 40.B. Dischler, P. Koidl, Amorphous hydrogenated carbon films. Proc. EMRS Symp. 17, 189 (1987)Google Scholar