Photosensing properties of ruthenium(II) complex-based photodiode
- 132 Downloads
Ru(II) complex containing 2,6-di(1H-pyrazol-3-yl)pyridine ligand was synthesized to prepare organic-based photodiode. After forming the back contact with aluminum metal on p-Si by thermal evaporation, Al/Ru(II) complex/p-Si heterojunction was constructed by inserting Ru(II) complex organic layer into Si substrate. The fundamental electrical parameters and photosensing properties of fabricated heterojunction were investigated by current–voltage and capacitance–voltage measurements under the dark and different light intensities. The studied device exhibits a good rectifying property with rectification ratio of 2.4 × 104 at ± 7 V. It is observed that the photosensing properties such as light sensitivity and photoconductive responsivity of the photodiode based on Ru(II) complex are strongly dependent on the illumination power. The transient measurements show that the heterojunction device has a good photo switching property in the application of the photodiode, photoconductor and photocapacitor. The obtained results declare that the fabricated Ru(II)-based heterojunction device can be used in the organic-based optoelectronic device applications as a photodiode, photosensor, and optical sensor.
Authors would like to acknowledge the support of the King Khalid University for this research through a Grant RCAMS/KKU/007-18 under the (Research Center for Advanced Materials Science) at King Khalid University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- 2.J. Quin, L. Hu, N. Lei, Y.-F. Liu, K.-K. Zhang, J.-L. Zuo, Syntheses, characterization, and properties of Ru(II) complexes based on π-conjugated terpyridine ligand with tetrathiafulvalene moiety. Acta Chim. Slov. 61, 740 (2014)Google Scholar
- 5.A.G. Imer, R.H. Basha Syan, M. Gülcan, Y.S. Ocak, A. Tombak, The novel pyridine based symmetrical Schiff base ligand and its transition metal complexes: synthesis, spectral definitions and application in dye sensitized solar cells (DSSCs). J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 29, 898–905 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.K. Rafikova, N. Kystaubayeva, M. Aydemir, C. Kayan, Y.S. Ocak, H. Temel, A. Zazybin, N. Gürbüz, İ Özdemir, Transfer hydrogenation of ketones catalyzed by new rhodium and iridium complexes of aminophosphine containing cyclohexyl moiety and photosensing behaviors of rhodium and iridium based devices. J. Organomet. Chem. 758, 1 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.M. Aydemir, Y.S. Ocak, K. Rafikova, N. Kystaubayeva, C. Kayan, A. Zazybin, F. Ok, A. Baysal, H. Temel, Rhodium-catalyzed transfer hydrogenation with aminophosphines and analysis of electrical characteristics of rhodium(I) complex/n-Si heterojunctions. Appl. Organomet. Chem. 28, 396 (2014)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.M. Ilhan, Electrical characterization of Al/fluoresce in sodium salt organic semiconductor/Au diode by current-voltage and capacitance–voltage methods. J. Mater. Electron. Device 1, 15–20 (2017)Google Scholar
- 22.Ş Altındal, On the origin of increase in the barrier height and decrease in ideality factor with increase temperature in Ag/SiO2/p-Si (MIS) Schottky Barrier Diodes (SBDs. J. Mater. Electron. Device 1, 42–47 (2017)Google Scholar
- 24.H. Özerli, İ Karteri, A. Bekereci, Ş Karataş, Analysis of current-voltage characteristics on inhomogeneous Zn/p-Si (100) Schottky contacts. J. Mater. Electron. Device 1, 83–87 (2017)Google Scholar
- 41.A. Rose, Concepts in Photoconductivity (Interscience, New York, 1963)Google Scholar
- 47.W. Wang, D. Zhao, F. Zhang, L. Li, M. Du, C. Wang, Y. Yu, Q. Huang, M. Zhang, L. Li, J. Miao, Z. Lou, G. Shen, Y. Fang, Y. Yan, Highly sensitive low-bandgap perovskite photodetectors with response from ultraviolet to the near-infrared region. Adv. Funct. Mater. 27, 1703953 (2017)CrossRefGoogle Scholar