Effect of Ce(NO3)4 on the electrochemical properties of Ti/PbO2–TiO2–Ce(NO3)4 electrode for zinc electrowinning
- 10 Downloads
Ti/PbO2–TiO2–Ce(NO3)4 electrode for zinc electrowinning was prepared, and the effect of Ce(NO3)4 content on the electrochemical properties of zinc electrowinning anode was studied. Morphology and composition of the Ti/PbO2 electrode before and after polarization were analyzed by SEM and XRD. The corrosion mechanism was investigated by linear sweep voltammetry (LSV), cyclic voltammetry (CV) ,and electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) analyses. The cell voltage, current efficiency, corrosion rate, anode lifetime, and failure mechanism of Ti/PbO2 and Ti/PbO2–TiO2–Ce(NO3)4 were analyzed by simulating zinc electrowinning experiments. It was found that Ce(NO3)4 promoted the oxygen evolution reaction, and reduced the oxygen evolution potential and energy consumption. The analysis of oxygen evolution peak and reduction peak shows that Ti/PbO2–TiO2–Ce(NO3)4 electrode has good invertibility. In addition, it was found that the addition of Ce(NO3)4 increased the activity of the coating, and Ti/PbO2–TiO2–Ce(NO3)4 (0.5 g L−1) had the best activity. Compared with Ti/PbO2, the cell voltage of Ti/PbO2–TiO2–Ce(NO3)4 (0.5 g L−1) was reduced by 0.15 V, the current efficiency was improved by 4.3%, the corrosion rate was reduced by 0.0331 g A−1 h−1, and the lifetime was improved by 5 h.
This work was supported by the funds for the construction of high-level talents of Kunming University of Science and Technology (KKKP201763019) and the Kunming University of Science and Technology Analysis Test Fund (2017T20170001).
- 4.F.J. Pan, Z.Q. Liu, Industrial practices of concentration of germanium in process flowsheet of wet zinc smelting. Min. Metal. Eng. 24, 47 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.H.U. Xiang, C.Y. Wang, H.E. Zheng-Shan, Electro-catalytic oxidative degradation of aniline by modified graphite-based lead dioxide electrode. J. Beijing Univ. Technol. 37, 1756 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.H.Y. Li, Y.H. Zhang, Y. Chen, W.Q. Han, L.J. Wang, Preparation and characterization of the novel Ti/PbO2 electrodes by electrodeposition and anodization. Adv. Mater. Res. 391–392, 1273 (2012)Google Scholar
- 18.X.J. Zhu, J. Deng, F.M. Gou, Study on preparation of modified ti-based lead dioxide electrode and degraded methylene blue. Adv. Mater. Res. 602–604, 1383 (2013)Google Scholar
- 24.T. Zhao, J. Lu, C. Hu, C. Zhu, J. Zhao, and W. Dong,Electrochemical degradation of 4, 4′-(propane-2, 2-diyl) diphenol in water with CeO2/β-PbO2/Ti electrode. Int. J. Electrochem. Sci. 9, 2354 (2014)Google Scholar
- 25.G. Wu, N. Li, C. Dai, D. Zhou, Anodically electrodeposited cobalt-nickel mixed oxide electrodes for oxygen evolution. Chin. J. Catal. 25, 319 (2004)Google Scholar
- 26.C. Young, A. Alfantazi, C. Anderson, A. James, D. Dreisinger, B. Harris, Effect of some polyols and organic acids on the current efficiency and the cell voltage during zinc electrowinning. Wiley, Hoboken (2013)Google Scholar