Dielectric and piezoelectric properties of PbTi 0.8−xSe0.2SmxO3 nanoceramics prepared by high energy ball milling
- 15 Downloads
Incorporation of Se and Sm were done based on the stoichiometric formula PbTi0.8−xSe0.2SmxO3 (PTSeS). TG characterization of green powder revealed the completion of solid state reaction at temperature 450 °C. XRD of modified PTSeS powders milled for 10 h was found most suitable as it gives pure single phase tetragonal structure. Dielectric constant was found as 2700 at curie temperature of 470 °C in the case of 5 wt percent of Sm in PTSeS. Piezoelectric coefficient was found as 230 × 10 − 12 C/N at 35 Kv/cm of poling field. The results obtained were comparable and even better than so far reported in similar kind of materials.
The authors would like to thank Dr.Ravi, NML, Jamshedpur, Sanjaya Kumar Swain, CIF, BIT Mesra, S.K.S.Parasar, KIITS University for assistance in performing and analysis of various tests. Prompt help rendered by VC, BIT Mesra and Director, BIT Patna by giving permission for use of facilities is thankfully acknowledged.
- 6.K.P. Tiwary, S.K. Sinha, S.A.N. Khan, L.S.S. Singh, M.N. Husain, Z.H. Zaidi, Effect of ECR plasma exposure on the optical properties of Se80Te20-x Pbx thin films. Chalcogenide Lett. 5(12), 309 (2008)Google Scholar
- 8.S.K.S. Parasar, R.N.P. Choudhary, B.S. Murty, Ferroelectric phase transition in Pb0.92Gd0.08 (Zr0.53 Ti0.47)0.98O3 nanoceramic synthesized by high-energy ball milling. J. Appl. Phys. 94,6091–6096Google Scholar
- 10.C. Suryanarayana, Mechanical alloying and milling. Progr. Mater. Sci. 46(1–2), 184 (1998)Google Scholar
- 11.B.A. Cid, S.D.S. Diego, A.A.D.A. Thiago, R.P.K. Luciana, M.D.S. Davinson, Enhanced optical properties of germanate and tellurite glasses containing metal or semiconductor nanoparticles. Sci. World J. 385193, 1 (2013)Google Scholar
- 12.V.A. Chaudhari, G.K. Bichile, Synthesis structural and structural properties of pure lead titanate ceramics. Smart Mater. Res. 147524, 1 (2013)Google Scholar
- 26.P. Kour, S.K. Sinha, Dielectric, ferroelectric and piezoelectric properties of lanthanum substituted PZT ceramics. Digest J. Nanomater. Biostruct. 7(3), 1327 (2012)Google Scholar
- 28.P. Kour, S.K. Pradhan, P. Kumar, S.K. Sinha, M. Kar, Effect of Nd doping on dielectric and impedance properties of PZT nanoceramics. J. Electron. Mater. 47(5), 2861 (2018)Google Scholar
- 32.A.K. Jonscher, Dielectric Relaxation in Solids (Chelsea Dielectric Press, London, 1983)Google Scholar
- 38.S.K. Sinha, P. Kour, A.K. Sinha, P.K. Barhai, Nickel doped PZT ceramics by a spray dried-PVA assisted method. J. Ceram. Process. Res. 12(1), 93 (2011)Google Scholar