Enhanced grain-boundary diffusion on power loss of low-temperature-fired NiCuZn ferrites for high-frequency power supplies
- 76 Downloads
NiCuZn ferrite ceramics with high permeability, low power loss and excellent thermal stability are vital materials for high-frequency power devices. This paper analyzed grains growth and grain-boundary diffusion of Ni0.2Cu0.2Zn0.6Fe2O4 ferrite ceramics at lower temperatures by adding optimized additives. X-ray diffraction reveals that the samples are pure spinel ferrite phase sintered at low temperatures. SEM images indicate that uniform and compact NiCuZn ferrite ceramics were obtained at 920 °C for 4 h, which is very advantageous for low-temperature co-fired ceramic (LTCC) technology. In addition, the ferrite ceramics with higher permeability (~ 411 @ 1 MHz), lower power loss in high frequency (~ 442 kW/m3 @ 7 MHz) and good thermal stability were synthesized by controlling grains growth and grain-boundary diffusion. The results indicate that this ferrite ceramic material is a good candidate for the application of miniaturized power electronics in high frequency.
This work was supported by the National Nature Science Foundation of China (Nos. 51602036, 6167118 and 51672036), and the key projects of Sichuan Province (Nos. 2017GZ0408 and 2017GZ0415), and the Sichuan Science and Technology Project (Grant No. 18MZGC0025), and the key projects of Chengdu (2016-HM01-00225-SF), and Guizhou province key R&D program 3011.
- 14.H. Su, H.W. Zhang, X.L. Tang, Y.L. Jing, J. Appl. Phys. 103, 5 (2008)Google Scholar
- 22.F. Xie, L. Jia, F. Xu, J. Li, G. Gan, H. Zhang, Ceram. Int. (2018)Google Scholar
- 26.S.Y.R. Lopez, J. Ceram. Process. Res. 12, 228 (2011)Google Scholar
- 33.D.S. Klygach, M.G. Vakhitov, D.A. Vinnik, A.V. Bezborodov, S.A. Gudkova, V.E. Zhivulin, D.A. Zherebtsov, C.P. Sakthidharan, S.V. Trukhanov, A.V. Trukhanov, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. (2018)Google Scholar
- 37.S.V. Trukhanov, A.V. Trukhanov, V.G. Kostishyn, L.V. Panina, A.V. Trukhanov, V.A. Turchenko, D.I. Tishkevich, E.L. Trukhanova, O.S. Yakovenko, L.Y. Matzui, Dalton. Trans. 46 (2017)Google Scholar
- 38.T.Y. Byun, S.C. Byeon, K.S. Hong, K.K. Chang, IEEE Trans. Magn. 35, FE08 (1999)Google Scholar
- 41.J.I. Haining, Z. Lan, Y.U. Zhong, L.I. Lezhong, K. Sun, H. Zhang, Mater. Rev. (2008)Google Scholar