An investigation on SnS layers for solar cells fabrication with CdS, SnS2 and ZnO window layers prepared by nebulizer spray method
- 91 Downloads
The preparation of SnS, CdS, SnS2 and ZnO thin films by nebulizer spray method, and their characterization is reported. The size of crystallites, dislocation density, texture coefficient and strain were estimated using XRD data. SEM study revealed good surface morphology of films. Optical properties of deposited SnS, CdS, SnS2 and ZnO films were estimated using the optical absorption measurements. The calculated optical energy gaps of CdS, SnS2, ZnO and SnS films were, respectively, found as 2.45, 2.41, 3.2 and 1.45 eV. Hall effect measurements exhibited p-type conductivity for SnS and n-type conductivity for CdS, SnS2, ZnO thin films. The grown SnS thin films showed resistivity and carrier concentration as 0.0689 Ωcm and 1.04 × 1019 cm− 3, respectively. Heterojunction solar cells of FTO/CdS/SnS, FTO/SnS2/SnS, and FTO/ZnO/SnS were also fabricated and their properties studied. The fabricated FTO/ZnO/SnS heterojunction solar cell presented a superior performance with conversion efficiency (0.96%) greater than other structures.
The authors wish to express their sincere thanks to the Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi, India, for their financial assistance for the work support by the project number (DST-SERB) (SB/FTP/PS-131/2013). The author from KKU would like to express his gratitude to Research Center for Advanced Materials Science-King Khalid University, Saudi Arabia, for support.
- 25.E. Guneri, F. Gode, C. Ulutas, F. Kirmizigul, G. Altindemir, C. Gumus, Properties of p-type SnS thin films prepared by chemical bath deposition. Chalcogenide Lett. 7, 685 (2010)Google Scholar
- 30.M. Shkir, M. Arif, V. Ganesh, M.A. Manthrammel, A. Singh, S.R. Maidur, P.S. Patil, I.S. Yahia, H. Algarni, S. AlFaify, Linear, third order nonlinear and optical limiting studies on MZO/FTO thin film system fabricated by spin coating technique for electro-optic applications. J. Mater. Res. 2018, 1–10 (2018)Google Scholar
- 37.K.D.A. Kumar, V. Ganesh, M. Shkir, S. AlFaify, S. Valanarasu, Effect of different solvents on the key structural, optical and electronic properties of sol–gel dip coated AZO nanostructured thin films for optoelectronic applications. J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 29, 887–897 (2018)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 48.V. An, M. Dronova, A. Zakharov, Optical and AFM studies on p-SnS thin films deposited by magnetron sputtering. Chalcogenide Lett. 12, 483–487 (2015)Google Scholar
- 58.M. Barote, A. Yadav, T. Chavan, E. Masumdarb, Characterization and photoelectrochemical properties of chemical bath deposited n-PbS thin films. Digest J. Nanomater. Biostruct. (DJNB) 6, 3 (2011)Google Scholar
- 59.J.-U.W. Hsu, A.P. Hu, Determining the variable inductance range for an LCL wireless power pick-up, in: Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits, 2007. EDSSC 2007. IEEE Conference on, IEEE, (2007), pp. 489–492Google Scholar