Role of substrate temperature on the ammonia gas sensing performance of Mg-doped ZnO thin films deposited by spray pyrolysis technique: application in breath analysis devices
- 68 Downloads
This research investigates the role of substrate temperature on crystallographic structure, surface morphology, and subsequently ammonia gas sensing performance of Mg-doped ZnO thin films as a breath analysis device. The Mg-doped ZnO thin films were deposited by spray pyrolysis technique on glass substrates at different temperatures (125 °C, 250 °C, 375 °C, and 500 °C). Crystallographic structure, surface morphology, and chemical composition of the samples were characterized using X-ray diffraction (XRD) method, atomic force microscopy (AFM), and field emission scanning electron microscopy (FESEM). Ammonia sensing characteristics of the samples were studied at room temperature and relative humidity of 80%. The results revealed that the Mg-doped ZnO thin film deposited at 375 °C showed the most sensitivity to ammonia gas. Selectivity and reliability (reproducibility as well as short and long time stability) of the mentioned sample were also investigated. The results showed that the Mg-doped ZnO thin film deposited at 375 °C can be a good candidate to sense the ammonia as a breath analysis device due to its good sensitivity, selectivity, and reliability at high-relative humidity.
This work was carried out with the support of the Islamic Azad University, Hamedan branch. The authors are thankful to Dr. Reza Mobashshernia for his contribution.
- 1.K.M. Paschke, A. Mashir, R.A. Dweik, Med. Rep. 2(56), 1 (2010)Google Scholar
- 18.S. Goudarzi, K. Khojier, AIP Conference Proceeding 1920, 020049 (2018)Google Scholar
- 21.B.E. Warren, X-ray diffraction (Addison Wesley Publishing Co., London, 1969)Google Scholar
- 25.J.H. Li, Y.C. Liu, C.L. Shao, X.T. Zhang, D.Z. Shen, Y.M. Lu, J.Y. Zhang 283, 513 (2005)Google Scholar
- 34.A.G. Bannov, J. Prášekb, O. Jašekc, A.A. Shibaeva, L. Zajíčková, Proc. Eng. 168, 231 (2016)Google Scholar
- 35.M.S. Shinde, S.S. Samanta, M.S. Sonawane, P.B. Ahirrao, R.S. Patil, J. Nano. Adv. Mat. 3, 99 (2015)Google Scholar