Microscopic calculations of dielectric properties for hyperbolic metamaterials
We theoretically study macroscopic dielectric properties of hyperbolic metamaterials proceeding from microscopic description. The theory constructed gives the answer to the question “what properties should microscopic elements have in order to macroscopic system consisting of these elements would be a hyperbolic metamaterial.” Generalized Clausius–Mossotti relation as well as existing conditions for such metamaterials is obtained with help of the local field theory. The perpendicular and parallel components of the dielectric permittivity are found as functions of microscopic parameters of a single particle and a dielectric matrix.
- 7.M.N. Anokhin, A.A. Tishchenko, M.N. Strikhanov, Dielectric permittivity of artificial periodic structure and local field effects. J. Phys: Conf. Ser. 643, 012066 (2015)Google Scholar
- 9.M.N. Anokhin, A.A. Tishchenko, M.N. Strikhanov, permittivity of thin quantum dot film with local field effects, PIERS Proceedings, pp. 1370–1372 (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.M.N. Anokhin, A.A. Tishchenko, M.N. Strikhanov, Permittivity of anisotropic dielectric near surface with local field effects. J. Phys: Conf. Ser. 541, 012023 (2014)Google Scholar
- 13.I.D. Morokhov, V.I. Petinov, L.I. Trusov, V.F. Petrunin, Structure and properties of fine metallic particles, Sov. Phys. Usp. 24: 295 (1981). [Usp. Fiz. Nauk 133: 653 (1981)]Google Scholar
- 14.M.I. Ryazanov, A.A. Tishchenko, Emission of a fast charged particle passing through a monomolecular film. Laser Phys. 12, 1442 (2002)Google Scholar
- 16.K.V. Lekomtsev, M.N. Strikhanov, A.A. Tishchenko, Smith-Purcell Radiation from a Chain of Spheres. J. Phys: Conf. Ser. 236, 012023 (2010)Google Scholar