A new model for deformed carbon nanotubes using Green’s function
- First Online:
- 86 Downloads
A new method for modeling and analysis of deformed carbon nanotubes (CNTs) using Green’s function, is presented in this paper, for the first time. Using the proposed method, a new circuit model is obtained for the deformation region of a deformed single-walled CNT (SWCNT), which the values of its elements depend on the type of deformation and also the deformation parameters such as the coupling matrices and the energy variations of deformation region. The comparison between the obtained results from the analysis of proposed model and the literature gives a good match which approves the accuracy and correctness of the proposed model.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Javey, J. Kong (eds.), Carbon Nanotube Electronics (Springer, Berlin, 2009) Google Scholar
- 3.C.P. Poole, F.J. Owens, Introduction to Nanotechnology (Wiley, New York, 2003) Google Scholar
- 10.Green’s function (many-body theory). http://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki
- 11.S. Datta, Electronic Transport in Mesoscopic Systems (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1995) Google Scholar
- 12.H. Bruus, K. Flensberg, Introduction to Many-Body Quantum Theory in Condensed Matter Physics (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2003) Google Scholar
- 21.J.Y. Park, Carbon Nanotube Electronics, Chapter 1: Band Structure and Electron Transport Physics of One-Dimensional SWCNTs (Springer, Berlin, 2009) Google Scholar