A new method for the analysis of transmission property in carbon nanotubes using Green’s function
A new method for the analysis of electron transmission property in single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) using Green’s function is presented in this paper for the first time. Using the proposed method, a new relation for the transmission function through a deformed SWCNT is obtained, which depends on the energy variations and the coupling matrices related to the mechanical deformations applied to the structure of CNT. The obtained new relation is explained by the presented results in the literature.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Javey, J. Kong (eds.), Carbon Nanotube Electronics (Springer, Berlin, 2009) Google Scholar
- 2.R. Saito, G. Dresselhaus, M.S. Dresselhaus, Physical Properties of Carbon Nanotubes (Imperial College Press, London, 2004) Google Scholar
- 3.C.P. Poole, F.J. Owens, Introduction to Nanotechnology (Wiley, New York, 2003) Google Scholar
- 7.R. Dehbashi, D. Fathi, S. Mohajerzadeh, B. Forouzandeh, Equivalent left-handed/right-handed metamaterial’s circuit model for the massless Dirac fermions with negative refraction. IEEE J. Sel. Top. Quantum Electron. 15(5), 1–7 (2010) Google Scholar
- 10.S. Datta, Electronic Transport in Mesoscopic Systems (Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1995) Google Scholar
- 11.H. Bruus, K. Flensberg, Many-body Quantum Theory in Condensed Matter Physics: An Introduction (Oxford University Press, New York, 2009) Google Scholar