Large-format fabrication by two-photon polymerization in SU-8
- 245 Downloads
Microporous structures are central to many fields of science and engineering, but many of these systems are complex with little or no symmetry and are difficult to fabricate. We applied two-photon polymerization (2PP) and femtosecond laser direct-writing techniques to fabricate broad-area large-format 3D microporous structures (450 μm × 450 μm × 40 μm) in the epoxy-based photoresist SU-8. The appropriate exposure was determined by controlling average pulse energies and stage speeds to generate the exposure curves. Mechanical distortion exhibited in suspended walls fabricated by 2PP laser writing was studied by controlling wall lengths and widths. A simple thermal-expansion model is presented to explain the distortion caused by axial loadings of the walls.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 21.B.B. Lakshmi, C.J. Patrissi, C.R. Martin, Chem. Mat. 9, 2544–2550 (1997) Google Scholar
- 24.N.C. LaBianca, J.D. Gelorme, in Advances in Resist Technology and Processing XII (SPIE, Santa Clara, 1995), p. 846 Google Scholar
- 33.T. Kondo, K. Yamasaki, S. Juodkazis, S. Matsuo, V. Mizeikis, H. Misawa, in Three-Dimensional Microfabrication by Femtosecond Pulses in Dielectrics (Elsevier, Strasbourg, 2004), pp. 550–556 Google Scholar
- 35.J.T. Cheng, L.J. Pyrak-Nolte, D.D. Nolte, N.J. Giordano, Geophys. Res. Lett. 31 (2004) Google Scholar
- 36.D.Q. Chen, L.J. Pyrak-Nolte, J. Griffin, N.J. Giordano, Water Resour. Res. 43 (2007) Google Scholar
- 37.L.J. Pyrak-Nolte, D.D. Nolte, D.Q. Chen, N.J. Giordano, Water Resour. Res. 44 (2008) Google Scholar
- 38.V.J. Niasar, S.M. Hassanizadeh, L.J. Pyrak-Nolte, C. Berentsen, Water Resour. Res. 45 (2009) Google Scholar
- 41.L. Yihong, L.J. Pyrak-Nolte, D. Nolte, in Toward 3D Microfluidic Structures Fabricated with Two-Photon Laser Machining (IEEE, Baltimore, 2007), pp. 2261–2262 Google Scholar
- 42.S.P. Timoshenko, J.M. Gere, Theory of Elastic Stability (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1961) Google Scholar