CO2 laser-induced crystallization of sol–gel-derived indium tin oxide films
- 156 Downloads
Indium tin oxide (ITO) thin films prepared by the sol–gel method have been deposited by the dip-coating process on silica substrates. CO2 laser is used for annealing treatments. The electrical resistivity of sol–gel-derived ITO thin films decreased following crystallization after exposure to CO2 laser beam. The topological and electrical properties of the irradiated surfaces have been demonstrated to be strongly related to the coating solution and to the laser processing parameters. Optimal results have been obtained for 5 dip-coating layers film from 0.4 mol/l solution irradiated by 0.6 W/m2 laser power density. In this case, homogeneous and optically transparent traces were obtained with a measured sheet resistance of 1.46×102 Ω/□.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Y. Aoshima, M. Miyazaki, K. Sato, Y. Akao, S. Takaki, K. Adachi, Improvement of alkali durability of silver-based multilayer coatings for use in flat panel displays. Jpn J. Appl. Phys., Part 1, Regular Pap. Short Notes Rev. Pap. 40(6A), 4166–4170 (2001) Google Scholar
- 3.J. Calderer, J.C. Manifacier, L. Szepessy, J.M. Darolles, M. Perotin, Silicon (normal-type)-In2O3 (sn doped) solar-cells characterization. Rev. Phys. Appl. 14(3), 485–490 (1979) Google Scholar
- 8.O. Yavas, M. Takai, High-speed maskless laser patterning of thin films for giant microelectronics. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Part 1, Regular Pap. Short Notes Rev. Pap. 38(12B), 7131–7134 (1999) Google Scholar
- 16.A. Beaurain, D. Luxembourg, C. Dufour, V. Koncar, B. Capoen, M. Bouazaoui, Effects of annealing temperature and heat-treatment duration on electrical properties of sol–gel derived indium-tin-oxide thin films. Thin Solid Films 516(12), 4102–4106 (2008) Google Scholar
- 20.J.N. Israelachvili, Measurements of hydration forces between macroscopic surfaces. Chem. Scr. 25(1), 7–14 (1985) Google Scholar