Electronic properties of orthorhombic LiGaS2 and LiGaSe2
- 204 Downloads
We report theoretical calculations of the band structure and density of states for orthorhombic LiGaS2 (LGS) and LiGaSe2 (LGSe). These calculations are based on the full potential linear augmented plane wave (FP-LAPW) method within a framework of density functional theory. Our calculations show that these crystals have similar band structures. The valence band maximum (VBM) and the conduction band minimum (CBM) are located at Γ, resulting in a direct energy band gap. The VBM is dominated by S/Se-p and Li-p states, while the CBM is dominated by Ga-s, S/Se-p and small contributions of Li-p and Ga-p. From the partial density of states we find that Li-p hybridizes with Li-s below the Fermi energy (E F), while Li-s/p hybridizes with Ga-p below and above E F. Also, we note that S/Se-p hybridizes with Ga-s below and above E F.
PACS70 71.15.Ap 71.1 71.15.-m
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Z.Z. Kish, V.V. Loshchak, E.Y. Peresh, E.E. Semrad, Inorg. Mater. 25, 1658 (1989) [Transl. from Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Neorg. Mater. 25, 1959 (1989)] Google Scholar
- 7.A. Eifler, V. Riede, J. Brückner, S. Weise, V. Krämer, G. Lippold, W. Schmitz, K. Bente, W. Grill, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 39 (Suppl. 39-1), 279 (2000) Google Scholar
- 8.R. Hoppe, Bull. Soc. Chim. Fr. 1115 (1965) Google Scholar
- 10.B.N. Ivanov-Emin, Ya.I. Rabovik, J. Gen. Chem. USSR 17, 1247 (1947) Google Scholar
- 13.P. Blaha, K. Schwarz, G.K.H. Madsen, D. Kvasnicka, J. Luitz, WIEN2k, An Augmented Plane Wave Plus Local Orbitals Program for Calculating Crystal Properties (Vienna University of Technology, Vienna, 2001) Google Scholar
- 16.G. Lehmann, M. Taut, Phys. Status Solidi B 54, 496 (1972) Google Scholar
- 19.I.V. Kityk, Phys. Solid State 33, 1026 (1991) Google Scholar