Characterization of epitaxial lanthanum lutetium oxide thin films prepared by pulsed-laser deposition
- First Online:
- 148 Downloads
Epitaxial thin films of LaLuO3 were deposited on SrTiO3(100) and SrRuO3/SrTiO3(100) or SrRuO3/LaAlO3(100) substrates using pulsed-laser deposition. They were investigated by means of Rutherford backscattering spectrometry, X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy and atomic force microscopy. Smooth, c-axis oriented films with a channeling minimum yield of 3% were obtained. The electrical characterization of Au/LaLuO3/SrRuO3/SrTiO3(100) and Au/LaLuO3/SrRuO3/LaAlO3(100) metal–insulator–metal capacitor stacks revealed a dielectric constant of κ>45 and a breakdown field of 2 MV/cm for 100 nm thick epitaxial LaLuO3 films.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.http://www.intel.com/technology/silicon/45nm_technology.htmGoogle Scholar
- 2.D.G. Schlom, J.H. Haeni, MRS Bull. 27, 198 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.K. Kakushima, K. Tsutsui, S.I. Ohmi, P. Ahmet, V. Ramgopal Rao, H. Iwai, in Topics in Applied Physics Vol. 106 “Rare Earth Oxide Thin Films”, ISBN 3-540-35796-3 (Springer, Heidelberg, 2006), pp. 115–126Google Scholar
- 8.J.M.J. Lopes, M. Roeckerath, T. Heeg, E. Rije, J. Schubert, S. Mantl, V.V. Afanas’ev, S. Shamuilia, A. Stesmans, Y. Jia, D.G. Schlom, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 222902 (2006)Google Scholar
- 10.D.G. Schlom, C.A. Billman, J.H. Haeni, J. Lettieri, P.H. Tan, R.R.M. Held, S. Völk, K.J. Hubbard, in Thin Films and Heterostructures for Oxide Electronics, ed. by S.B. Ogale (Springer, New York, 2005), pp. 31–78Google Scholar