Layer-by-layer Au nanoparticles as a Schottky barrier in a water-based dye-sensitized solar cell
- First Online:
- 439 Downloads
We fabricated layer-by-layer gold nanoparticles (Au NPs) onto an electrode as a Schottky barrier in a water-based dye-sensitized solar cell. The Maxwell–Garnett equation was used to fit the characteristics of the Au film. The short-circuit current for four layers of Au NPs in a water-based dye-sensitized solar cell (DSSC) ranges from 2.76 mA/cm2 to 5.96 mA/cm2, which is due to the Schottky barrier reducing the number of electrons going from the semiconductor back to either the dye or the electrolyte. The efficiency of photo-electric conversion for four layers of Au NPs in water-based DSSC can be enhanced from 0.26% up to 0.95%.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 17.No. 56-Two Highly Dispersed Metallic Oxides by the Aerosil Process (Degussa Tech. Bulletin, 1990)Google Scholar
- 18.M. Fox, Optical Properties of Solids (Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2001)Google Scholar
- 19.H.G. Thompkins, A User’s Guide to Ellipsomety (Academic, New York, 1993)Google Scholar
- 20.R.M. A Azzam, N.M. Basharo, Ellisometry and Polarized Light (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1977)Google Scholar
- 21.S. Gottesfeld, Y.-T. Kim, A. Redondo, A. Redondo, Recent Applications of Ellipsometry and Spectroellipsometry in Electrochemical Systems in Physical Electrochemistry. Principles, methods and applications, ed by I. Rubinstein (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1995)Google Scholar
- 22.H. Arwin, Thin Solid Films 48, 377 (2000)Google Scholar
- 24.R.M.A. Azzam, N.M. Bashara, Ellipsometry and Polarized Light (North-Holland Personal Library, Oxford, 1989)Google Scholar
- 27.R.H. Muller, in Techniques for Characterization of Electrochemical Process ed. by R. Varma, J.R. Selman (Wiley, New York, 1991)Google Scholar
- 35.C. Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics (Wiley, Canada, 1976)Google Scholar
- 37.S.S. Zumdahl, Chemical Principles, 5th Edn. (Houghton Mifflin, New York, 2005)Google Scholar
- 38.G.P. Smestad, Optoelectronics of Solar Cells (SPIE-The Int. Soc. Opt. Eng. Bellingham, Washington, 2002)Google Scholar