On the formation process of silicon carbide nanophases via hydrogenated thermally induced templated synthesis
- 72 Downloads
A thermally induced templated synthesis for SiC nanotubes and nanofibers is presented using ammonia or N2 with vaporized Si is presented. The bundles of SWCNT act as both the carbon source and as a nanoframe from which SiC structures form. Depending on the duration of the thermally induced templated reaction, various SiC nanostructures are obtained for a fixed temperature, carrier gas, and gas pressure. These structures include SiC nanorods coated in C, SiC nanorods, SiC nanotubes, and SiC nanocrystals.
KeywordsSilicon Ammonia Thin Film Carbide Carbon Source
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/RT2002/5000/5510lienhard.htmlGoogle Scholar
- 7.Y. Zhang, T. Ichihashi, E. Landree, F. Ihey, S. Iijima: Science 285, 1719 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.J. Fink: Adv. Electron. Phys. 75, 121 (1989)Google Scholar
- 13.W. Han, S. Fan, Q. Li, Y. Hu: Science 277, 1287 (1997)Google Scholar
- 16.H.Y. Wang, Y.Y. Wang, Q. Song, T.M. Wang: Mater. Lett. 35 261 (1998)Google Scholar