Dynamics of magnetic stray fields at initial stage of magnetization reversal of micrometer-sized Co dots
- 36 Downloads
The dynamical evolution of magnetic stray fields has been investigated at the initial stage of magnetization reversal of a microstructured cobalt film (Co dots). Quantitative measurements of the domain magnetization and of the shift of the domain boundaries have been performed at 1 ns intervals. The measurements were performed using an emission electron microscope. The photoelectrons were excited from a sample using well-defined synchrotron-radiation pulses in single bunch operation mode (UE56/1-PGM at BESSY II, Berlin). The magnetization movement was initiated by an external magnetic field pulse, the pulse width being 8 ns. The magnetic field pulse was synchronized with the synchrotron single bunch radiation pulses. The lateral and time resolutions of the applied pulses were 50 nm and 500 ps, respectively.
KeywordsCobalt External Magnetic Field Dynamical Evolution Operation Mode Emission Electron
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 16.H.C. Siegmann, E.L. Garwin, C.Y. Prescott, J. Heidmann, D. Mauri, D. Weller, R. Allensprach, W. Weber: J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 151, L8 (1995)Google Scholar
- 19.M. Buess, Y. Acremann, A. Kashuba, C.H. Back, D. Pescia: J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 15, R1093 (2003)Google Scholar
- 22.A. Oelsner, A. Krasyuk, D. Neeb, S.A. Nepijko, A. Kuksov, C.M. Schneider, G. Schönhense: J. Electron Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom. (2004)Google Scholar
- 27.C.M. Schneider, G. Schönhense: Rep. Prog. Phys. 65, R1785 (2002)Google Scholar
- 28.S.A. Nepijko, N.N. Sedov, G. Schönhense, U. Muschiol, C.M. Schneider, S. Zennaro, N. Zema: Ann. Phys. 11, 460 (2002)Google Scholar