Morphology effects in nanocrystalline CuInSe2-conjugated polymer hybrid systems
- First Online:
- 209 Downloads
We investigated blends of poly hexylthiophene (P3HT) with copper indium diselenide nanocrystals for photovoltaic applications. Depending on the synthesis, the particles were shielded by different organic surfactants. Different concentrations of these nanoparticles were suspended in the polymer solutions and spin cast onto ITO glass. Morphological studies have been performed by atomic force microscopy and transmission electron microscopy. Films consisting of tri-n-octylphosphine oxide-capped CISe:P3HT show photovoltaic response. The best performance we obtained is an open-circuit voltage of about 1 V and a photocurrent of 0.3 mA/cm2 using a white light illumination intensity of 80 mW/cm2.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.K. Kapur, M. Fischer, R. Roe: Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 6, 668 (2001) Google Scholar
- 2.H.W. Schock, U. Rau: Physica B 1081, 308 (2002) Google Scholar
- 3.M.E. Beck, M. Cocivera: Thin Solid Films 71, 272 (1996) Google Scholar
- 8.S. Bereznev, J. Kois, E. Mellikov, A. Öpik, D. Meissner: ‘CuInSe2/Polypyyrole Photovoltaic Structure Prepared by Electro-deposition’. Presented at: 17th Eur. Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conf., Munich, Germany, 22–26 October 2001 Google Scholar
- 12.T. Munters, T. Martens, L. Goris, V. Vrindts, J. Manca, L. Lutsen, W. de Ceuninck, D. Vanderzande, L. De Schepper, J. Gelan, N.S. Sariciftci, C.J. Brabec: Thin Solid Films 403–404, 247 (2002) Google Scholar
- 14.E. Arici, H. Hoppe, D. Meissner, F. Schäffler, A. Malik, N.S. Sariciftci: Thin Solid Films, in press Google Scholar
- 16.F. Padinger, R.S. Rittberger, N.S. Sariciftci: Adv. Mater. 13, 1 (2003) Google Scholar
- 18.E. Arici, H. Hoppe, A. Reuning, N.S. Sariciftci, D. Meissner: ‘CIS Plastic Solar Cells’. Presented at: 17th Eur. Photovoltaic Solar Energy Conf., Munich, Germany, 22–26 October 2001 Google Scholar