Two-Parameter Boundary Equilibrium Bifurcations in 3D-Filippov Systems
- 110 Downloads
This work concerns the analysis of boundary equilibrium bifurcations (BEBs) in 3D piecewise-smooth systems of Filippov type. In particular, we consider a family whose vector fields are linear on both sides of the switching boundary and which exhibit two parallel tangency lines each containing a cusp point. This configuration is observed in piecewise-linear control systems in which the control action is discontinuous such as the sliding mode control. We consider a general system of this class and then derive a canonical form to reduce the number of system parameters. The general objective in this work is, from the canonical form, to perform an analysis of the equilibria, stability, sliding dynamics and BEBs. The main result is the classification of the BEBs and its unfoldings in the sliding vector field. This and others results obtained on the existence and stability of equilibria are applied in a practical example involving the control of DC–DC buck power converter.
KeywordsFilippov systems Boundary equilibrium Pseudo-equilibrium Sliding vector field Bifurcations Buck converter Sliding mode control
Mathematics Subject Classification34A36 34C20 34C23 34C60 34H05
Daniel J. Pagano acknowledges CNPq/BRAZIL for partially funding its work under Project 302229/2018-3. Rony Cristiano acknowledges the CAPES/Brazil for funding its work.
- Lee, H.C., Abed, E.H.: Washout filter in the bifurcation control of high alpha flight dynamics. In: Proceedings of the American Control Conference, Boston, vol. 1, pp. 206–211 (1991)Google Scholar
- Pagano, D.J., Ponce, E.: On the robustness of the DC–DC Boost converter under Washout SMC. In: Power Electronics Conference, Brazil 2009, pp. 110–115 (2009)Google Scholar
- Pagano, D.J., Ponce, E.: Sliding mode controllers design through bifurcation analysis. In: Preprints of the 8th IFAC on Nonlinear Control Systems, Bologna, Italy, pp. 1284–1289 (2010)Google Scholar
- Tahim, A.P.N., Pagano, D.J., Heldwein, M.L., Ponce, E.: Control of interconnected power electronic converters in dc distribution systems. In: XI Brazilian Power Electronics Conference, pp. 269–274 (Sept 2011)Google Scholar
- Utkin, V.I.: Sliding modes and their application in variable structure systems, volume (Translated from the Russian). MiR (1978)Google Scholar
- Utkin, V.I., Guldner, J., Shi, J.: Sliding Mode Control in Electro-Mechanical Systems. Automation and Control Engineering. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2009)Google Scholar