A worker constrained flexible job shop scheduling problem with sequence-dependent setup times
- 55 Downloads
We consider a flexible job shop scheduling problem with sequence-dependent setup times that incorporates heterogeneous machine operator qualifications by taking account of machine- and operator-dependent processing times. We analyze two objective functions, minimizing the makespan and minimizing the total tardiness, and present exact and heuristic decomposition-based solution approaches. These approaches divide the scheduling problem into a vehicle routing problem with precedence constraints and an operator assignment problem, and connect these problems via logic inequalities. We assess the quality of our solution methods in an extensive computational study that is based on randomly generated as well as real-world problem instances.
KeywordsScheduling Flexible job shop Decomposition Logic inequalities Vehicle routing
This work has been supported by the European Union and the state North Rhine-Westphalia through the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRD). It has been conducted as part of the project “EKPLO: Echtzeitnahes kollaboratives Planen und Optimieren” (EFRE-0800463).
- Błażewicz J, Ecker KH, Pesch E, Schmidt G, Węglarz J (2007) Handbook on scheduling: from theory to applications. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Boost (2018) The boost graph library (BGL). https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_67_0/libs/graph/doc/index.html. Last accessed 22 June 2018
- Lang M, Li H (2011) Research on dual-resource multi-objective flexible job shop scheduling under uncertainty. In: Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on artificial intelligence, management science and electronic commerce, AIMSEC’11. IEEE, pp 1375–1378Google Scholar
- Lei D, Tan X (2016) Local search with controlled deterioration for multi-objective scheduling in dual-resource constrained flexible job shop. In: Proceedings of the 28th Chinese control and decision conference, CCDC’16. IEEE, pp 4921–4926Google Scholar
- Lowerre BT (1976) The HARPY speech recognition system. PhD thesis, Carnegie-Mellon University, PittsburghGoogle Scholar
- Nourali S, Imanipour N, Shahriari MR (2012) A mathematical model for integrated process planning and scheduling in flexible assembly job shop environment with sequence dependent setup times. Int J Math Anal 6(41–44):2117–2132Google Scholar
- Paksi ABN, Ma’ruf A (2016) Flexible job-shop scheduling with dual-resource constraints to minimize tardiness using genetic algorithm. In: Proceedings of the 2nd international manufacturing engineering conference and 3rd Asia-Pacific conference on manufacturing systems. IOP Publishing, p 012060Google Scholar
- Tran TT, Beck JC (2012) Logic-based Benders decomposition for alternative resource scheduling with sequence dependent setups. In: Proceedings of the 20th European conference on artificial intelligence, ECAI’12. ACM, pp 774–779Google Scholar
- Yazdani M, Zandieh M, Tavakkoli-Moghaddam R, Jolai F (2015) Two meta-heuristic algorithms for the dual-resource constrained flexible job-shop scheduling problem. Sci Iran Trans E 22(3):1242–1257Google Scholar
- Zhang J, Liu GB (2012) Hybrid ant colony algorithm for job shop schedule with unrelated parallel machines. In: Proceedings of the conference on frontiers of advanced materials and engineering technology. Trans Tech Publications, pp 905–908Google Scholar