Transport and complex modulus study of La0.7Ca0.3MnO3 perovskite manganite nano-compound with polypyrrole as host
- 22 Downloads
The paper focuses on the facile synthesis of polypyrrole/La0.7Ca0.3MnO3 perovskite magnetic nano-composites synthesized by in situ chemical oxidation method using ammonium persulfate as oxidant. The morphology and crystal phase of the prepared samples were analyzed using SEM, TEM and XRD, respectively. Electrical conductivity, dielectric constant, dielectric loss, complex electric and impedance modulus studies were invested in the frequency range of 100 Hz–5 MHz at room temperature using AC impedance analyzer. The composites show frequency dependence with relaxation mechanism. The electric and impedance modulus analysis reveals the presence of non-Debye-type relaxation process and the effect of both grain and grain boundary on the transport properties of the composites.
KeywordsElectrical conductivity Perovskite Dielectric constant Non-Debye relaxation
The author is thankful to The Principal, BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore, for the cooperation and providing the necessary facility. The author is indebted to The Principal, RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore, for his cooperation. The author also thanks World Bank-funded project Centre of Excellence on Advanced Materials Research under TEQIP 1.2.1.
- 6.Sacchidanand SS, Jayant AK, Milind VK (2014) Synthesis, characterization and electrical property of silver doped polypyrrole nanocomposites. J Innov Res Sci Eng Technol 3, ISSN: 2319-8753Google Scholar
- 9.Cao Y-L, Ding X-L, Li H-C, Yi Z-G, Wang X-F, Zhu J-J, Kan C-X (2011) Morphology-controllable noble metal nanoparticles: synthesis, optical property and growth mechanism. Acta Phys Chim Sin 27(6):1273–1286Google Scholar
- 12.Wolf EL (2004) Nanophysics and nanotechnology. Wiley, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- 13.Chaluvaraju BV, Ganiger SK, Murugendrappa MV (2016) Study of dielectric properties of polypyrrole/titanium dioxide and polypyrrole/titanium dioxide–MWCNT nano composites. J Mater Sci 27(1):1044–1055Google Scholar
- 15.Cherif W, Ellouze M, Elhalouani F, Lehlooh AF (2012) Synthesis and characterization of fine particles of La0.7Ca0.3MnO 3 prepared by the mechanical ball milling method. Eur Phys J Plus 73:127Google Scholar
- 34.Macdonald JR (1987) Impedance spectroscopy: emphasizing solid materials and system. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar