What’s in YOUR Wallet?
KeywordsMarkov Chain Transition Matrix Greedy Algorithm Expected Number Mathematical Intelligencer
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Anna Adamaszek and Michal Adamaszek, Combinatorics of the change-making problem, European Journal of Combinatorics 31 (2010) 47–63.Google Scholar
- Lance Bryant, James Hamblin, and Lenny Jones, A variation on the money-changing problem, The American Mathematical Monthly 119 (2012) 406–414.Google Scholar
- Xuan Cai, Canonical coin systems for change-making problems, Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Hybrid Intelligent Systems 1 (2009) 499–504.Google Scholar
- Lena Chang and James F. Korsh, Canonical coin changing and greedy solutions, Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery 23 (1976) 418–422.Google Scholar
- S. K. Chang and A. Gill, Algorithmic solution of the change-making problem, Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery 17 (1970) 113–122.Google Scholar
- John Dewey Jones, Orderly currencies, The American Mathematical Monthly 101 (1994) 36–38.Google Scholar
- Dexter Kozen and Shmuel Zaks, Optimal bounds for the change-making problem, Theoretical Computer Science 123 (1994) 377–388.Google Scholar
- Richard B. Lehoucq and Danny C. Sorensen, Deflation techniques for an implicitly restarted Arnoldi iteration, SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications 17 (1996) 789–821.Google Scholar
- M. J. Magazine, G. L. Nemhauser, and L. E. Trotter, Jr., When the greedy solution solves a class of knapsack problems, Operations Research 23 (1975) 207–217.Google Scholar
- Stephen B. Maurer, Disorderly currencies, The American Mathematical Monthly 101 (1994) 419.Google Scholar
- David Pearson, A polynomial-time algorithm for the change-making problem, Operations Research Letters 33 (2005) 231–234.Google Scholar
- Rice University, ARPACK, http://www.caam.rice.edu/software/ ARPACK/.
- Jeffrey Shallit, What this country needs is an 18¢ piece, The Mathematical Intelligencer 25, no. 2 (2003) 20–23.Google Scholar
- United States Mint, Production and sales figures, http:// www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/?action=coin_production.
- Wolfram Research, Some notes on internal implementation, http://reference.wolfram.com/language/tutorial/SomeNotesOnInter nalImplementation.html#15781.
© Springer Science+Business Media New York 2015