The Whirling Kites of Isfahan: Geometric Variations on a Theme
KeywordsMathematical Intelligencer Short Side Geometric Pattern Star Centre Star Pattern
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- N. Assarzadegan, ‘Dividing and composing the squares’, Lamar University Electronic Journal of Student Research, Fall, 2008. Also in History and Pedagogy of Mathematics Newsletter 68 (July 2008) 13–20.Google Scholar
- J. Bourgoin, Les Eléments de l’Art Arabe: Le Trait des Entrelacs, Firmin-Didot, Paris, 1879. Plates reprinted in Arabic Geometric Pattern and Design, Dover Publications, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- J. Bonner, ‘Three traditions of self-similarity in fourteenth and fifteenth century Islamic geometric ornament’, Proc. ISAMA/Bridges: Mathematical Connections in Art, Music and Science, (Granada, 2003), eds. R. Sarhangi and N. Friedman, 2003, pp. 1–12.Google Scholar
- E. H. Hankin, The Drawing of Geometric Patterns in Saracenic Art, Memoirs of the Archaeological Society of India, no 15, Government of India, 1925.Google Scholar
- C. S. Kaplan, ‘Computer generated Islamic star patterns’, Proc. Bridges: Mathematical Connections in Art, Music and Science, (Kansas, 2000), ed. R. Sarhangi, 2000, pp. 105–112.Google Scholar
- C. S. Kaplan, ‘Islamic star patterns from polygons in contact’, Graphics Interface 2005, ACM International Conference Proceeding Series 112, 2005, pp. 177–186.Google Scholar
- E. Makovicky, ‘800-year old pentagonal tiling from Maragha, Iran, and the new varieties of aperiodic tiling it inspired’, Fivefold Symmetry, ed. I. Hargittai, World Scientific, 1992, pp. 67–86.Google Scholar
- G. Necipoğlu, The Topkapi Scroll: Geometry and Ornament in Islamic Architecture, Getty Center Publication, Santa Monica, 1995.Google Scholar
- G. Potter, http://www.kufic.info/.
- H. Stierlin, Islamic Art and Architecture from Isfahan to the Taj Mahal, Thames and Hudson, London, 2002.Google Scholar
- D. Sutton, Islamic Design: A Genius for Geometry, Wooden Books Ltd, Glastonbury, 2007.Google Scholar
- D. Wade, Pattern in Islamic Art: The Wade Photo-Archive, http://www.patterninislamicart.com/.
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011