A World Record in Atlantic City and the Length of the Shooter’s Hand at Craps
- 79 Downloads
KeywordsMathematical Intelligencer Geometric Distribution Atlantic City World Record Casino Game
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Akane, K. The man with the golden arm, Parts I and II. Around Hawaii, 1 May 2008 and 1 June 2008. http://www.aroundhawaii.com/lifestyle/travel/2008-05-the-man-with-the-golden-arm-part-i.html and http://www.aroundhawaii.com/lifestyle/travel/2008-06-the-man-with-the-golden-arm-part-ii.html
- Bialik, C. Crunching the numbers on a craps record. The Numbers Guy, Wall Street Journal blog. 28 May 2009. http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/crunching-the-numbers-on-a-craps-record-703/
- Ethier, S. N. A Bayesian analysis of the shooter’s hand at craps. In: S. N. Ethier and W. R. Eadington (eds.) Optimal Play: Mathematical Studies of Games and Gambling, pp. 311–322. Institute for the Study of Gambling and Commercial Gaming, University of Nevada, Reno, 2007.Google Scholar
- Grosjean, J. Exhibit CAA. Beyond Counting: Exploiting Casino Games from Blackjack to Video Poker. South Side Advantage Press, Las Vegas, 2009.Google Scholar
- Paik, E. Denville woman recalls setting the craps record in AC. Newark Star-Ledger, 27 May 2009. http://www.nj.com/news/local/index.ssf/2009/05/pat_demauro_remembers_only_one.html
- Peterson, B. A new record in craps. Chance News 49 (2009). http://www.causeweb.org/wiki/chance//index.php/Chance_News_49
- Scarne, J. and Rawson, C. Scarne on Dice. The Military Service Publishing Co., Harrisburg, PA, 1945.Google Scholar
- Scoblete, F. The Virgin Kiss and Other Adventures. Research Services Unlimited, Daphne, AL, 2007.Google Scholar
- Shackleford, M. Ask the Wizard! No. 81. 1 June 2009. http://wizardofodds.com/askthewizard/askcolumns/askthewizard81.html
- Suddath, C. Holy craps! How a gambling grandma broke the record. Time, 29 May 2009. http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1901663,00.html
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010