Successful treatment of monomorphic epitheliotropic intestinal T cell lymphoma with pralatrexate
A 72-year-old male was admitted to our hospital because of ileum perforation, and emergency surgery was performed. He was diagnosed with type II enteropathy-associated T cell lymphoma (EATL; Fig. 1a–f); he underwent chemotherapy and achieved complete remission (CR). However, the lymphoma recurred with bowel obstruction after 21 months. Operative resection of the intestinal tumor and chemotherapy were performed, following which second CR was achieved.
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.O’Connor OA, Pro B, Pinter-Brown L, Bartlett N, Popplewell L, Coiffier B, Lechowicz MJ, Savage KJ, Shustov AR, Gisselbrecht C, Jacobsen E, Zinzani PL, Furman R, Goy A, Haioun C, Crump M, Zain JM, Hsi E, Boyd A, Horwitz S (2011) Pralatrexate in patients with relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma: results from the pivotal PROPEL study. J Clin Oncol 29(9):1182–1189CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Delabie J, Holte H, Vose JM, Ullrich F, Jaffe ES, Savage KJ, Connors JM, Rimsza L, Harris NL, Müller-Hermelink K, Rüdiger T, Coiffier B, Gascoyne RD, Berger F, Tobinai K, Au WY, Liang R, Montserrat E, Hochberg EP, Pileri S, Federico M, Nathwani B, Armitage JO, Weisenburger DD (2011) Enteropathy-associated T-cell lymphoma: clinical and histological findings from the international peripheral T-cell lymphoma project. Blood 118(1):148–155CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Tan SY, Chuang SS, Tang T, Tan L, Ko YH, Chuah KL, Ng SB, Chng WJ, Gatter K, Loong F, Liu YH, Hosking P, Cheah PL, Teh BT, Tay K, Koh M, Lim ST (2013) Type II EATL (epitheliotropic intestinal T-cell lymphoma): a neoplasm of intra-epithelial T-cells with predominant CD8αα phenotype. Leukemia 27(8):1688–1696CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 6.Kikuma K, Yamada K, Nakamura S, Ogami A, Nimura S, Hirahashi M, Yonemasu H, Urabe S, Naito S, Matsuki Y, Sadahira Y, Takeshita M (2014) Detailed clinicopathological characteristics and possible lymphomagenesis of type II intestinal enteropathy-associated T-cell lymphoma in Japan. Hum Pathol 45(6):1276–1284CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kim SJ, Choi CW, Mun YC, Oh SY, Kang HJ, Lee SI, Won JH, Kim MK, Kwon JH, Kim JS, Kwak JY, Kwon JM, Hwang IG, Kim HJ, Lee JH, Oh S, Park KW, Suh C, Kim WS (2011) Multicenter retrospective analysis of 581 patients with primary intestinal non-Hodgkin lymphoma from the Consortium for Improving Survival of Lymphoma (CISL). BMC Cancer 11:321CrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Springer-Verlag GmbH Germany, part of Springer Nature 2018