All that glitters is not gold - new reconstruction methods using Deauville criteria for patient reporting
- 759 Downloads
We would like to highlight the importance of using EANM Research Ltd. (EARL) compliant reconstructions for assessment of lymphoma response using the Deauville criteria  in clinical practice.
The recent review in this journal by Aide et al. reported that only 38% of EARL accredited centres that responded to a survey, were systematically using EARL compliant reconstructions for quantification . This was despite 88% of these centres being research active.
We recently observed an increase in the number of patients with interim PET ‘positive’ scans being treated by a regional haematology multidisciplinary team (MDT) for Hodgkin lymphoma in the UK. This coincided with the adoption of Q.Clear (GE) reconstruction  for reporting scans at some PET centres.
An independent review of PET-CT scans from eight of these patients with advanced stage disease planned for treatment using a PET response adapted approach  was undertaken at the request of the MDT. Baseline and interim...
Compliance with ethical standards
Conflict of interest
All authors declare they have no conflicts of interest related to this submission.
This article does not contain any studies with human participants performed by any of the authors.
- 3.Q.Clear - PET/CT Applications - PET/CT - Molecular Imaging - Nuclear Medicine\PET-CT\PET-Radiopharmacy - Products. Accessed 10/25/2017 2017.Google Scholar
- 4.Johnson P, Federico M, Fossa A, O'Doherty M, Roberts T, Stevens L, et al. Response-adapted therapy based on interim FDG-PET scans in advanced Hodgkin lymphoma first analysis of the safety of de-escalation and efficacy of escalation in the international RATHL study (CRUK/07/033). Hematol Oncol. 2015;33:100–80.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.mi_emea_sharpir_white_paper_pdf_092010_doc0852276.pdf. Accessed 10/25/2017 2017.Google Scholar
- 14.Quak E, Le Roux PY, Lasnon C, Robin P, Hofman MS, Bourhis D, Callahan J, Binns DS, Desmonts C, Salaun PY, Hicks RJ, Aide N. Does PET SUV Harmonization affect PERCIST response classification?. J Nucl Med 2016;57:1699–1706.Google Scholar
- 19.EQPET_WP.indd - eq-pet_wp-02580275.pdf. Accessed 11/10/2017 2017.Google Scholar