Effects of partial slip on boundary layer flow past a permeable exponential stretching sheet in presence of thermal radiation
- 623 Downloads
An analysis is presented to describe the boundary layer flow and heat transfer towards a porous exponential stretching sheet. Velocity and thermal slips are considered instead of no-slip conditions at the boundary. Thermal radiation term is incorporated in the temperature equation. Similarity transformations are used to convert the partial differential equations corresponding to the momentum and heat equations into highly non-linear ordinary differential equations. Numerical solutions of these equations are obtained by shooting method. It is found that the fluid velocity and temperature decrease with increasing slip parameter. Temperature is found to decrease with an increase of thermal slip parameter. Thermal radiation enhances the effective thermal diffusivity and the temperature rises.
KeywordsHeat Transfer Rate Velocity Slip Boundary Layer Flow Thermal Boundary Layer Radiation Parameter
Thanks are due to the learned reviewers for their constructive suggestions which helped a lot for the improvement of the quality of the paper.
- 4.Schlichting H (1968) Boundary layer theory, 6th edn. McGraw-Hill, New York, NYGoogle Scholar
- 28.Bidin B, Nazar R (2009) Numerical solution of the boundary layer flow over an exponentially stretching sheet with thermal radiation. Eur J Sci Res 33(4):710–717Google Scholar
- 32.Ishak A (2011) MHD boundary layer flow due to an exponentially stretching sheet with radiation effect. Sains Malaysiana 40:391–395Google Scholar
- 42.Brewster MQ (1972) Thermal radiative transfer properties. Wiley, Hoboken, NJGoogle Scholar
- 43.Nadeem S, Zaheer S, Fang T (2011) Effects of thermal radiation on the boundary layer flow of a Jeffrey fluid over an exponentially stretching surface. Numer Algor. doi: 10.1007/s11075-010-9423-8