Log canonical thresholds of del Pezzo surfaces in characteristic p
- 115 Downloads
The global log canonical threshold of each non-singular complex del Pezzo surface was computed by Cheltsov. The proof used Kollár–Shokurov’s connectedness principle and other results relying on vanishing theorems of Kodaira type, not known to be true in finite characteristic. We compute the global log canonical threshold of non-singular del Pezzo surfaces over an algebraically closed field. We give algebraic proofs of results previously known only in characteristic 0. Instead of using of the connectedness principle we introduce a new technique based on a classification of curves of low degree. As an application we conclude that non-singular del Pezzo surfaces in finite characteristic of degree lower or equal than 4 are K-semistable.
Mathematics Subject Classification (2010)Primary 14J45 Secondary 14G17
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Abhyankar S.S.: Resolution of Singularities of Embedded Algebraic Surfaces, Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 24. Academic Press, New York (1966)Google Scholar
- 2.Chen, X.-X., Donaldson, S., Sun, S.: Kahler–Einstein Metrics and Stability. ArXiv e-prints (October 2012), 1210.7494Google Scholar
- 4.Cheltsov, I.: Del Pezzo Surfaces and Local Inequalities. ArXiv e-prints (November 2013), 1311.5260Google Scholar
- 9.Demailly, J.-P., Hiep Pham, H.: A Sharp Lower Bound for the Log Canonical Threshold. ArXiv e-prints (January 2012), 1201.4086Google Scholar
- 10.Hartshorne R.: Algebraic Geometry, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 52. Springer, New York (1977)Google Scholar
- 11.Kollár, J.: Singularities of pairs. In: Algebraic Geometry—Santa Cruz 1995, volume 62 of Proceedings of the Symposia Pure Mathematics, pp. 221–287. American Mathematical Society , Providence, RI (1997)Google Scholar
- 12.Kosta, D.: Del Pezzo surfaces with Du Val singularities. PhD thesis, University of Edinburgh (2009)Google Scholar
- 13.Manin, Y.I.: Cubic forms, volume 4 of North-Holland Mathematical Library, 2nd edn. North-Holland Publishing Co., Amsterdam (1986), Algebra, geometry, arithmetic, Translated from the Russian by M. HazewinkelGoogle Scholar
- 14.Martinez-Garcia, J.: Dynamic Alpha-Invariants of del Pezzo Surfaces with Boundary. PhD thesis. The University of Edinburgh (2013)Google Scholar
- 15.Odaka, Y.: The GIT stability of polarized varieties via discrepancy. Ann. Math. 177(2), 645–661 (2013)Google Scholar
- 21.Tian, G.: K-stability and Kähler–Einstein metrics, ArXiv e-prints (November 2012), 1211.4669Google Scholar