Cotangent cohomology of Stanley-Reisner rings
- 66 Downloads
Simplicial complexes X provide commutative rings A(X) via the Stanley- Reisner construction. We calculated the cotangent cohomology, i.e., T1 and T2 of A(X) in terms of X. These modules provide information about the deformation theory of the algebro geometric objects assigned to X.
KeywordsNumber Theory Algebraic Geometry Topological Group Simplicial Complex Commutative Ring
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
The first author is grateful for financial support from the University of Oslo during his visits. The second author is grateful for financial support from the universities FU and HU Berlin during his visits.
- 1.Altmann, K., Christophersen, J.A.: Deforming Stanley-Reisner ringsGoogle Scholar
- 2.André, M.: Homologie des algèbres commutatives. Springer-Verlag, 1974Google Scholar
- 3.Bayer, D., Peeva, I., Sturmfelds, B.: Monomial resolutions. Math. Res. Lett. 5 (1–2), 31–46 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Laudal, O.A.: Formal moduli of algebraic structures. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 754, Springer-Verlag, 1979Google Scholar
- 7.Spanier, E.H.: Algebraic topology. McGraw-Hill, 1966Google Scholar