Higher than standard meropenem and linezolid dosages needed for appropriate treatment of an intracerebral hemorrhage patient with augmented renal clearance
- 83 Downloads
W. H. holds or has recently held research grants with F2G, AiCuris, Astellas Pharma, Spero Therapeutics, Matinas Biosciences, Antabio, Amplyx, Allecra, Auspherix and Pfizer and he holds awards from the National Institutes of Health, Medical Research Council, National Institute of Health Research, FDA and the European Commission (FP7 and IMI). W. H. acted as a consultant for F2G, Amplyx, Ausperix, Spero Therapeutics, Medicines Company, Gilead and Basilea in the past 3 years, and he is an Ordinary Council Member for the British Society of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy. F.P. acted as consultants for, and have been on the speakers’ bureau of Angelini, Basilea, Gilead, MSD, Nordic Pharma and Pfizer in the previous 3 years. P.G.C., C.B and A.D.M. had no financial relationships with any organizations that might have an interest in the submitted work.
- 2.Pea F, Viale P, Cojutti P, Furlanut M (2012) Dosing nomograms for attaining optimum concentrations of meropenem by continuous infusion in critically ill patients with severe gram-negative infections: a pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics-based approach. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 56(12):6343–6348. https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.01291-12 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 3.Carrie C, Petit L, D'Houdain N, Sauvage N, Cottenceau V, Lafitte M, Foumenteze C, Hisz Q, Menu D, Legeron R, Breilh D, Sztark F (2017) Association between augmented renal clearance, antibiotic exposure and clinical outcome in critically ill septic patients receiving high doses of beta-lactams administered by continuous infusion. a prospective observational study. Int J Antimicrob Agents doi https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2017.11.013
- 6.Cojutti P, Sartor A, Righi E, Scarparo C, Bassetti M, Pea F (2017) Population pharmacokinetics of high-dose continuous-infusion meropenem and considerations for use in the treatment of infections due to KPC-producing Klebsiella pneumoniae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 61(10):e00794–e00717. https://doi.org/10.1128/AAC.00794-17 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 7.Neely MN, van Guilder MG, Yamada WM, Schumitzky A, Jelliffe RW (2012) Accurate detection of outliers and subpopulations with Pmetrics, a nonparametric and parametric pharmacometric modeling and simulation package for R. Ther Drug Monit 34(4):467–476. https://doi.org/10.1097/FTD.0b013e31825c4ba6 CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- 9.Carrie C, Bentejac M, Cottenceau V, Masson F, Petit L, Cochard JF, Sztark F (2018) Association between augmented renal clearance and clinical failure of antibiotic treatment in brain-injured patients with ventilator-acquired pneumonia: a preliminary study. Anaesth Crit Care Pain Med 37(1):35–41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.accpm.2017.06.006 CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar