Green catalytic valorization of hardwood biomass into valuable chemicals with the use of solid catalysts
- 343 Downloads
Results of the study on green valorization of hardwood biomass into valuable chemicals with the use of solid catalysts were described. The heterogeneous catalytic processes of hemicelluloses and cellulose hydrolysis, wood oxidative fractionation and lignin depolymerization in supercritical spirits are suggested to employ for the green biorefinery of hardwood to xylose, pure cellulose, glucose, alcohols and liquid hydrocarbons.
The reported study was supported by Russian Science Foundation, Grant No. 16-13-10326.
- Bulavchenko OA, Ermakov DYu, Lebedev MU, Yakovlev VA, Parmon VN (2010) Guaiacol hydrodeoxygenation in the presence of Ni-containing catalysts. Catal Ind 5:45–52Google Scholar
- Clark JH, Deswarte FEI (eds) (2008) Introduction to chemicals from biomass. Wiley, ChichesterGoogle Scholar
- de Long E, Hidson A, Walsh P (2013) Task 42. Biorefinery. Report International Energy Agency BioenergyGoogle Scholar
- Fengel D, Wegener G (1984) Wood: chemistry, ultrastructure, reactions. Walter de Gruyter, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Gromov NV, Taran OP, Sorokina KN, Mishchenko TI, Uthandi S, Parmon VN (2016) New methods for the one-pot processing of polysaccharide components (cellulose and hemicelluloses) of lignocellulose biomass into valuable products. Part 1: methods for biomass activation. Catal Ind 8:176–186CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Nelson V (2011) Introduction to renewable energy. CRC Press, LondonGoogle Scholar
- Sjöström E, Alén R (eds) (1999) Analytical methods of wood chemistry. Pulping and papermaking. Springer, BerlinGoogle Scholar
- Taherzadeh MJ, Karimi K (2007) Acid-based hydrolysis processes for ethanol from lignocellulosic materials: a review. BioResources 2:472–499Google Scholar
- Van de Vyver S, Geboers J, Jacobs PA, Sels BF (2011) Recent advances in the catalytic conversion of cellulose. ChemCatChem 3:2–99Google Scholar
- Van den Bosch S, Schutyser W, Vanholme R, Drissen T, Koelewijn SF, Renders T, De Meester B, Huijgen WJJ, Dehaen W, Courtin CM, Lagrain B, Boerjan W, Sels BF (2015) Reductive lignocellulose fractionation into soluble lignin-derived phenolic monomers and dimers and processable carbohydrate pulps. Energy Environ Sci 8:1748–1763CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Zheng Y, Pan Z, Zhang R (2009) Overview of biomass pretreatment for cellulosic ethanol production. Int J Agric Biol Eng 3:51–68Google Scholar