Continuity of the Lyapunov Exponents for Quasiperiodic Cocycles
Consider the Banach manifold of real analytic linear cocycles with values in the general linear group of any dimension and base dynamics given by a Diophantine translation on the circle. We prove a precise higher dimensional Avalanche Principle and use it in an inductive scheme to show that the Lyapunov spectrum blocks associated to a gap pattern in the Lyapunov spectrum of such a cocycle are locally Hölder continuous. Moreover, we show that all Lyapunov exponents are continuous everywhere in this Banach manifold, irrespective of any gap pattern in their spectra. These results also hold for Diophantine translations on higher dimensional tori, albeit with a loss in the modulus of continuity of the Lyapunov spectrum blocks.
KeywordsManifold Lyapunov Exponent Subharmonic Function Lyapunov Spectrum Base Dynamic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ávila, A., Jitomirskaya, S., Sadel, C.: Complex one-frequency cocycles, pp. 1–15 (2013, preprint). arXiv:1306.1605
- 2.Bocker-Neto, C., Viana, M.: Continuity of Lyapunov exponents for random 2d matrices, pp. 1–38 (2010, preprint). arXiv:1012.0872
- 3.Bourgain J.: Green’s Function Estimates for Lattice Schrödinger Operators and Applications. Annals of Mathematics Studies, vol. 158. Princeton University Press, Princeton (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Bourgain, J., Jitomirskaya, S.: Continuity of the Lyapunov exponent for quasiperiodic operators with analytic potential. J. Stat. Phys. 108(5–6), 1203–1218 (2002). Dedicated to David Ruelle and Yasha Sinai on the occasion of their 65th birthdaysGoogle Scholar
- 6.Duarte, P., Klein, S.: Positive Lyapunov exponents for higher dimensional quasiperiodic cocycles, pp. 1–33 (2012, preprint). arXiv:1211.4002
- 9.Kato T.: Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators. Die Grundlehren der mathematischen Wissenschaften, Band 132. Springer-Verlag New York, Inc., New York (1966)Google Scholar
- 10.Klein, S.: Localization for quasiperiodic Schrödinger operators with multivariable Gevrey potential functions, pp. 1–42 (2013, preprint). arXiv:1204.3086
- 13.Schlag, W.: Regularity and convergence rates for the Lyapunov exponents of linear co-cycles, pp. 1–21 (2012, preprint). arXiv:1211.0648
- 14.You, J., Zhang, S.: Hölder continuity of the Lyapunov exponent for analytic quasiperiodic Schrödinger cocycle with weak Liouville frequency. Ergod. Theory Dyn. Syst., pp. 1–14 (2013)Google Scholar