Construction of N-Body Initial Data Sets in General Relativity
- 125 Downloads
Given a collection of N solutions of the (3 + 1) Einstein constraint equations which are asymptotically Euclidean and vacuum near infinity, we show how to construct a new solution of the constraints which is itself asymptotically Euclidean, and which contains specified sub-regions of each of the N given solutions. This generalizes earlier work which handled the time-symmetric case, thus providing a construction of large classes of initial data for the many body problem in general relativity.
- 2.Chandrasekhar S.: The mathematical theory of black holes. Oxford UP, Oxford (1984)Google Scholar
- 4.Chruściel, P.T., Corvino, J., Isenberg, J.: Construction of N-body time-symmetric initial data sets in general relativity. Cont. Math. http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/0909.1101 (2009, to appear)
- 5.Chruściel, P.T., Delay, E.: Existence of non-trivial asymptotically simple vacuum space-times. Class. Quant. Grav. 19, L71–L79, erratum-ibid, 3389. http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/0203053 2002
- 6.Chruściel, P.T., Delay, E.: On mapping properties of the general relativistic constraints operator in weighted function spaces, with applications. Mém. Soc. Math. de France. 94. http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/0301073 2003
- 7.Chruściel, P.T., Delay, E.: Manifold structures for sets of solutions of the general relativistic constraint equations. J. Geom. Phys. 51, 442–472. http://xxx.lanl.gov/abs/gr-qc/0309001 2004