Scaling Limit for the Space-Time Covariance of the Stationary Totally Asymmetric Simple Exclusion Process
- 161 Downloads
The totally asymmetric simple exclusion process (TASEP) on the one-dimensional lattice with the Bernoulli ρ measure as initial conditions, 0<ρ<1, is stationary in space and time. Let N t (j) be the number of particles which have crossed the bond from j to j+1 during the time span [0,t]. For Open image in new window we prove that the fluctuations of N t (j) for large t are of order t1/3 and we determine the limiting distribution function Open image in new window , which is a generalization of the GUE Tracy-Widom distribution. The family Open image in new window of distribution functions have been obtained before by Baik and Rains in the context of the PNG model with boundary sources, which requires the asymptotics of a Riemann-Hilbert problem. In our work we arrive at Open image in new window through the asymptotics of a Fredholm determinant. Open image in new window is simply related to the scaling function for the space-time covariance of the stationary TASEP, equivalently to the asymptotic transition probability of a single second class particle.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Baik, J., Rains, E.M.: Symmetrized random permutations. In: Random Matrix Models and Their Applications, Vol. 40, pp. 1–19. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2001)Google Scholar
- 7.Ferrari, P.L., Spohn, H.: A determinantal formula for the GOE Tracy-Widom distribution. J. Phys. A 38, L557–L561 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Liggett, T.M.: Stochastic interacting systems: contact, voter and exclusion processes. Springer Verlag, Berlin (1985)Google Scholar
- 16.Magnus, W., Oberhettinger, F., Soni, R.P.: Formulas and theorems for the special functions of mathematical physics. Grundlehren Band 52, Springer Verlag, Berlin (1966)Google Scholar
- 18.Prähofer, M.: Stochastic surface growth. Ph.D. thesis, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, München. Available at: http://edoc.ub.uni-muenchen.de/archive/00001381, 2003Google Scholar
- 19.Prähofer, M., Spohn, H.: Current fluctuations for the totally asymmetric simple exclusion process. In: In and out of equilibrium (V. Sidoravicius, ed.), Progress in Probability, Boston Basel: Birkhäuser, 2002Google Scholar
- 22.Sasamoto, T.: Spatial correlations of the 1D KPZ surface on a flat substrate. J. Phys. A 38, L549–L556 (2005)Google Scholar