Upper Bounds to the Ground State Energies of the One- and Two-Component Charged Bose Gases
- 124 Downloads
We prove upper bounds on the ground state energies of the one- and two-component charged Bose gases. The upper bound for the one-component gas agrees with the high density asymptotic formula proposed by L. Foldy in 1961. The upper bound for the two-component gas agrees in the large particle number limit with the asymptotic formula conjectured by F. Dyson in 1967. Matching asymptotic lower bounds for these systems were proved in references  and . The formulas of Foldy and Dyson which are based on Bogolubov’s pairing theory have thus been validated.
KeywordsCoherent State Ground State Energy Trial State Trace Class Operator Operator Concave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Berezin, F.A. Izv. Akad. Nauk, ser. mat. 36(No. 5) (1972); English translation: USSR Izv. 6(No. 5) (1972); Berezin, F.A.: General concept of quantization. Commun. Math. Phys. 40, 153–174 (1975)Google Scholar
- 3.Bhatia R. (1997) Matrix Analysis, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Vol. 169. Springer-Verlag, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 4.Bogolubov, N.N. J. Phys. (U.S.S.R.) 11, 23 (1947); Bogolubov, N.N., Zubarev, D.N.: Sov. Phys.-JETP 1, 83 (1955)Google Scholar
- 7.Foldy, L.L. (1973) Charged Boson Gas. Phys. Rev. 124, 649–651 (1961); Errata ibid 125, 2208 (1962)Google Scholar
- 9.Lieb, E.H., Narnhofer, H. The Thermodynamic Limit for Jellium. J. Stat. Phys. 12, 291–310 (1975); Errata 14, 465 (1976)Google Scholar
- 10.Lieb, E.H., Solovej, J.P. Ground State Energy of the One-Component Charged Bose Gas. Commun. Math. Phys. 217, 127–163 (2001). Errata 225, 219–221 (2002)Google Scholar