Transient field measurements on light and heavy ions in amorphous iron-boron compounds
- 14 Downloads
Measurements of transient magnetic fields (TF) were performed for the first time in the amorphous compounds of Fe80B20 and Fe85B15 for 24Mg(2+), 28Si(2+), 48Ti(2+) and 56Fe(2+) probe ions employing light and heavy ion beams. The motivation for these experiments was to investigate whether ion beam induced attenuations of TF are substantially weaker in these materials than in crystalline Fe. This expectation was indeed satisfied. The attenuations observed were found to be smaller at least by a factor of 2.
PACS21.10.Ky 25.70.−z 34.80.Nz
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 6.Landolt-Börnstein, Vol. III 19h. Berlin, Heidelberg, New York: Springer 1991Google Scholar
- 8.L. Kleinen, K.-H. Speidel, H. Busch, R. Ernst, A. Gohla, U. Grabowy, G. Jakob, V. Roth, J. Gerber, A. Méens, P. Maier-Komor, P. Scharwaechter: Nucl. Instrum. Methods B (in press)Google Scholar
- 11.J.F. Ziegler, J. Biersack, U. Littmark: Vol. 1, Oxford: Pergamon Press 1985Google Scholar
- 12.Nucl. Data Sheets 68, 1 (1993)Google Scholar
- 13.Nucl. Data Sheets 67, 523 (1992)Google Scholar