Electrochemical sensor for determination of tulathromycin built with molecularly imprinted polymer film
- 525 Downloads
A novel tulathromycin (TLTMC) electrochemical sensor based on molecularly imprinted polymer (MIP) membranes was constructed. p-Aminothiophenol (p-ATP) and TLTMC were assembled on the surface of gold nanoparticles (AuNPs) modified on the gold electrode (GE) by the formation of Au-S bonds and hydrogen-bonding interactions. Besides, polymer membranes were formed by electropolymerization in a polymer solution containing p-ATP, tetrachloroaurate(III) acid (HAuCl4), tetrabutylammonium perchlorate (TBAP), and a template molecule TLTMC. A novel molecular imprinted sensor (MIS) in this experiment was achieved after the removal of TLTMC. Cyclic voltammetry (CV) and differential pulse voltammetry (DPV) measurements were used to illustrate the process of electropolymerization and its optimal conditions. The electrode with MIP obtained the linear of response range, which was between 3.0 × 10–12 mol L–1 and 7.0 × 10–9 mol L–1, and the limit of detection was 1.0 × 10–12 mol L–1. All the obtained results indicate that the MIS tends to be an effective electrochemical technique for the determination of TLTMC in real-time and in a complicated matrix.
KeywordsTulathromycin Electrochemical sensors Molecular imprinted polymer Gold electrode
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (no. 31371768), Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology Ministry of Education(KLIB-KF201109), Program for New Century Excellent Talents in Jiangnan University, and Priority Academic Program Development of Jiangsu Higher Education Institutions.
- 4.Godinho K, Rae A, Windsor G, Tilt N, Rowan T, Sunderland S (2004) Efficacy of tulathromycin in the treatment of bovine respiratory disease associated with induced Mycoplasma bovis infections in young dairy calves. Vet Therapeut: Res Appl Vet Med 6(2):96–112Google Scholar
- 5.Nowakowski M, Inskeep P, Risk J, Skogerboe T, Benchaoui H, Meinert T, Sherington J, Sunderland S (2003) Pharmacokinetics and lung tissue concentrations of tulathromycin, a new triamilide antibiotic, in cattle. Vet Therapeut: Res Appl Vet Med 5(1):60, Vet Therapeut: Res Appl Vet Med 74Google Scholar
- 6.Evans NA (2005) Tulathromycin: an overview of a new triamilide antibiotic for livestock respiratory disease. Vet Therapeut 6(2):83–95Google Scholar
- 27.Wang J (2003) Nanoparticle-based electrochemical DNA detection. Anal Chim Acta 500(1):247–257Google Scholar
- 29.Riskin M, Tel-Vered R, Bourenko T, Granot E, Willner I (2008) Imprinting of molecular recognition sites through electropolymerization of functionalized Au nanoparticles: development of an electrochemical TNT sensor based on π-donor − acceptor interactions. J Am Chem Soc 130(30):9726–9733CrossRefGoogle Scholar