Effervescent-salt-assisted dispersive micro-solid-phase extraction using mesoporous hybrid materials coupled with ultra-performance liquid chromatography for the determination of trace-level compounds in complicated plant preparations
- 460 Downloads
A novel effervescent-salt-assisted dispersive micro-solid-phase extraction using mesoporous hybrid materials was developed for the extraction of minute traces of constituents in complicated plant preparations. In this study, a special tablet containing carbon dioxide sources (sodium dihydrogenphosphate and sodium carbonate) and the sorbent (mesoporous hybrid materials) was prepared. The effects of different parameters influencing the extraction efficiency such as the concentration of salts, the type and concentration of mesoporous material, pH of diluent, and desorption solvents were investigated and optimized. Results show that the proposed method using green solvents (water) as extraction solutions required low consumption of sample amount and obtained high enrichment efficiency. Moreover, under optimized conditions, the tested tanshinones exhibited good linearity (r 2 > 0.994) in the concentration range of 0.5 to 80 ng mL−1. The limits of detection values were lower than 0.0803 pg using UV–visible detection. The developed method was successfully applied for the analysis of trace tanshinones in compound Danshen dripping pill and Danqi tablet samples.
KeywordsDanshen preparations Dispersive micro-solid-phase extraction Effervescent salts Mesoporous hybrid materials Ultra-performance liquid chromatography
This study was supported by General Program of National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 81274065), Research on Public Welfare Technology Application Projects of Zhejiang Province (No. 2014C37069), Changjiang Scholars and Innovative Research Team in Chinese University (IRT 1231), Young and Middle-Aged Academic Leaders of Hangzhou (2013-45), and the new-shoot Talents Program of Zhejiang Province (2013R421044, 2014R421019).
- 5.Zhang X, Oakes KD, Luong D, Metcalfe CD, Servos MR (2011) Solid-phase microextraction coupled to LC-ESI-MS/MS: evaluation and correction for matrix-induced ionization suppression/enhancement for pharmaceutical analysis in biological and environmental samples. Anal Chem 83:6532–6538CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 11.Nassi M, Sarti E, Pasti L, Martucci A, Marchetti N, Cavazzini A, Renzo FD, Galarneau A (2014) Removal of perfluorooctanoic acid from water by adsorption on high surface area mesoporous materials. J Porous Mater 21:423–432Google Scholar
- 19.Xu JD, Mao Q, Shen H, Zhu LY, Li SL, Yan R (2013) Ultra-high performance liquid chromatography coupled with photo-diode array and quadrupole/time-of-flight mass spectrometry based chemical profiling approach to evaluate the influence of preparation methods on the holistic quality of Qiong-Yu-Gao, a traditional complex herbal medicine. J Chromatogr A 1304:154–168CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Hu SS, Yi L, Li XY, Cao J, Ye LH, Cao W, Da JH, Dai HB, Liu XJ (2014) Ionic liquid-based one-step micellar extraction of multiclass polar compounds from hawthorn fruits by ultrahigh-performance liquid chromatography coupled with quadrupole time-of-flight tandem mass spectrometry. J Agric Food Chem 62:5275–5280CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 22.Li LN (1998) Biologically active components from traditional Chinese medicines. Pure Appl Chem 70:547–554Google Scholar
- 30.Wei YJ, Qi LW, Li P, Luo HW, Yi L, Sheng LH (2007) Improved quality control method for Fufang Danshen preparations through simultaneous determination of phenolic acids, saponins and diterpenoid quinones by HPLC coupled with diode array and evaporative light scattering detectors. J Pharm Biomed Anal 45:775–784CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 33.Dong J, Zhu Y, Gao XM, Chang YX, Wang M, Zhang P (2013) Qualitative and quantitative analysis of the major constituents in Chinese medicinal preparation Dan-Lou tablet by ultra high performance liquid chromatography/diode-array detector/quadrupole time-of-flight tandem mass spectrometry. J Pharm Biomed 80:50–62CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 35.Ma WY, Xing RR, Hu S, Chen X, Bai XH (2014) A novel hollow fiber/graphene oxide/solvent bar microextraction coupled with high performance liquid chromatography for preconcentration and determination of tanshinones and salvianolic acids in Radix Salvia miltiorrhiza. Anal Methods 6:7285–7293CrossRefGoogle Scholar