Mendeleyev vodka challenge
We would like to invite you to participate in the Analytical Challenge, a series of puzzles to entertain and challenge our readers. This special ABC feature has established itself as a truly unique quiz series, with a new scientific puzzle published every other month. Readers can access the complete collection of published problems with their solutions on the Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry homepage at http://www.springer.com/abc. Test your knowledge and tease your wits in diverse areas of analytical and bioanalytical chemistry by viewing this collection.
“Just the place for a Snark!” the Bellman cried,
As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
By a finger entwined in his hair.
“Just the place for a Snark! I have said it twice:
That alone should encourage the crew.
KeywordsC2H5OH Water Mixture Analytical Challenge Pure Alcohol Unstable Compound
- 1.Gordin M (2003) The New Yorker, Jan 13:7Google Scholar
- 2.Pokhlebkin W (1991) History of vodka (in Russian), Inter-Verso, MoscowGoogle Scholar
- 3.Kapustinsky AF (1957) Russ Chem Bullet 6:137Google Scholar
- 4.Mendeleyev D (1959) In: Mishchenko KP (ed) Solutions (in Russian). USSR Academy of Sciences, LeningradGoogle Scholar
- 5.Mendeleeff D (1887) J Chem Soc 51:778Google Scholar
- 6.Oesper RE (1975) The human side of scientists. University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati OHGoogle Scholar