Preparation of a novel molecularly imprinted polymer using a water-soluble crosslinking agent
- 432 Downloads
A molecularly imprinted polymer was prepared using a water-soluble crosslinking agent. An ionic complex was utilized as the assembly for the template molecule and the functional monomer, and water as porogenic solvent during preparation of the imprinted polymer. The results of chromatographic evaluations for the prepared polymer suggested that the polymer had much lower hydrophobicity compared with usual octadecyl group bonded silica or the usual molecular imprinted polymer prepared from ethyleneglycol dimethacrylate, and the selective recognition ability for template molecule in the completely aqueous condition.
KeywordsMolecularly imprinted polymer Water-soluble crosslinking agent Ionic complex Lower hydrophobicity Selective recognition
This research was financially supported by the Nanotechnology Project of the Ministry of Environment. We thank the NOF Corporation (Japan) for providing the crosslinking agent.
- 1.Wulff G, Sarhan A, Zabrocki K (1973) Tetrahedron Lett 44:4329–4332Google Scholar
- 2.Sellergren B, Ekberg B, Mosbach K (1985) J Chromatogr 347:1–10Google Scholar
- 3.Nilsson K, Lindell J, Norrlow O, Sellergren B (1994) J Chromatogr A 680:57–61Google Scholar
- 4.Kempe M, Mosbach K (1995) J Chromatogr A 691:317–323Google Scholar
- 5.Spivak D, Shea KJJ (1999) Org Chem 64:4627–4634Google Scholar
- 6.Sellergren B (2001) Molecular imprinted polymers. Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 7.Kubo T, Tanaka N, Hosoya K (2004) Anal Bioanal Chem 378:84–88Google Scholar
- 8.Rachkov A, Minoura N (2001) Biochim Biophys Acta 1554:255–266Google Scholar
- 9.Rachkov A, Hu M, Bulgarevich E, Matsumoto T, Minoura N (2004) Anal Chim Acta 504:191–197Google Scholar
- 10.Asanuma H, Akiyama T, Kajiya K, Hishiya T, Komiyama M (2001) Anal Chim Acta 435:25–33Google Scholar