Preconditioned Hermitian and skew-Hermitian splitting methods for non-Hermitian positive semidefinite linear systems
- First Online:
- 937 Downloads
For the positive semidefinite system of linear equations of a block two-by-two structure, by making use of the Hermitian/skew-Hermitian splitting iteration technique we establish a class of preconditioned Hermitian/skew-Hermitian splitting iteration methods. Theoretical analysis shows that the new method converges unconditionally to the unique solution of the linear system. Moreover, the optimal choice of the involved iteration parameter and the corresponding asymptotic convergence rate are computed exactly. Numerical examples further confirm the correctness of the theory and the effectiveness of the method.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arrow, K., Hurwicz, L., Uzawa, H.: Studies in Nonlinear Programming. Stanford University Press, Stanford, 1958Google Scholar
- 3.Benzi, M., Golub, G.H.: An iterative method for generalized saddle point problems. Technical Report SCCM-02-14, Scientific Computing and Computational Mathematics Program, Department of Computer Science, Stanford University, 2002Google Scholar
- 5.Brezzi, F., Fortin, M.: Mixed and Hybrid Finite Element Methods. Springer-Verlag, New York and London, 1991Google Scholar
- 8.Fortin, M., Glowinski, R.: Augmented Lagrangian Methods, Applications to the Numerical Solution of Boundary Value Problems. North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1983Google Scholar
- 10.Golub, G.H., Van Loan, C.F.: Matrix Computations, 3rd Edition. The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 1996Google Scholar
- 12.Greenbaum, A.: Iterative Methods for Solving Linear Systems. SIAM, Philadelphia, 1997Google Scholar
- 14.Saad, Y.: Iterative Methods for Sparse Linear Systems, PWS Publishing Company, Boston, 1996Google Scholar