Coherent orientations in symplectic field theory
- 154 Downloads
We study the coherent orientations of the moduli spaces of holomorphic curves in Symplectic Field Theory, generalizing a construction due to Floer and Hofer. In particular we examine their behavior at multiple closed Reeb orbits under change of the asymptotic direction. The orientations are determined by a certain choice of orientation at each closed Reeb orbit, that is similar to the orientation of the unstable tangent spaces of critical points in finite–dimensional Morse theory.
KeywordsField Theory Modulus Space Tangent Space Morse Theory Holomorphic Curf
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Eliashberg, Y.: Invariants in contact topology. Doc. Math. J. DMV, Extra Volume ICM 1998, 1998Google Scholar
- 2.Eliashberg, Y., Givental, A., Hofer, H.: Introduction to Symplectic Field Theory. Geom. Funct. Anal. Special Volume, Part II:560–673, 2000Google Scholar
- 5.Hofer, H., Wysocki, K., Zehnder, E.: Pseudoholomorphic curves in symplectizations I : Asymptotics. Ann. Inst. Henri Poincaré, Analyse Nonlinéaire 13(3), 337–379 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.McDuff, D., Salamon, D.: J-holomorphic curves and Quantum Cohomology. Vol. 6 of University Lecture Series, AMS, 1994Google Scholar
- 9.Schwarz, M.: Cohomology operations from S1–cobordisms in Floer homology. PhD thesis, ETH Zürich, 1995Google Scholar
- 10.Ustilovsky, I.: Contact homology and contact structures on S4m+1. PhD thesis, Stanford University, 1999Google Scholar