Isomorphisms of algebras associated with directed graphs
- 84 Downloads
Given countable directed graphs G and G′, we show that the associated tensor algebras Open image in new window(G) and Open image in new window(G′) are isomorphic as Banach algebras if and only if the graphs G are G′ are isomorphic. For tensor algebras associated with graphs having no sinks or no sources, the graph forms an invariant for algebraic isomorphisms. We also show that given countable directed graphs G, G′, the free semigroupoid algebras Open image in new window and Open image in new window are isomorphic as dual algebras if and only if the graphs G are G′ are isomorphic. In particular, spatially isomorphic free semigroupoid algebras are unitarily isomorphic. For free semigroupoid algebras associated with locally finite directed graphs with no sinks, the graph forms an invariant for algebraic isomorphisms as well.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.Douglas, R.: Banach algebra techniques in operator theory. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1998Google Scholar
- 10.Hoffman, K.: Banach spaces of analytic functions. Dover Publications Inc., New York, 1988Google Scholar
- 11.Jaeck, F., Power, S.C.: The semigroupoid algebras of finite graphs are hyper-reflexive. In preparation, 2003Google Scholar
- 12.Jury, M.T., Kribs, D.W.: Partially isometric dilations of noncommuting n-tuples of operators, preprint, 2003Google Scholar
- 13.Jury, M.T., Kribs, D.W.: Ideal structure in free semigroupoid algebras from directed graphs. J. Operator Theory, to appearGoogle Scholar
- 14.Kribs, D.W., Power, S.C.: Free semigroupoid algebras. Preprint, 2003Google Scholar
- 15.Kribs, D.W., Power, S.C.: Partly free algebras. Proc. International Workshop on Operator. Theory and its Applications 2002, to appearGoogle Scholar
- 17.Muhly, P.S.: A finite dimensional introduction to operator algebra. In: A. Katavolos (ed.), Operator Algebras and Application, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997, pp. 313–354Google Scholar
- 20.Muhly, P.S., Solel, B.: Hardy algebras: W*-correspondences and Interpolation. Theory. Math. Ann., to appearGoogle Scholar
- 21.Pimsner, M.: A class of C*-algebras generalizing both Cuntz-Krieger algebras and crossed products by ℤ. Free probability theory (Waterloo, ON, 1995), Fields Inst. Commun., 12, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1997, pp. 189–212Google Scholar
- 26.Solel, B.: You can see the arrows in a quiver operator algebra. E-print arxiv math.OA/0309420, preprint, 2003Google Scholar