Non injectivity of the q-deformed von Neumann algebra
- 154 Downloads
In this paper we prove that the von Neumann algebra generated by q-gaussians is not injective as soon as the dimension of the underlying Hilbert space is greater than 1. Our approach is based on a suitable vector valued Khintchine type inequality for Wick products. The same proof also works for the more general setting of a Yang-Baxter deformation. Our techniques can also be extended to the so called q-Araki-Woods von Neumann algebras recently introduced by Hiai. In this latter case, we obtain the non injectivity under some asssumption on the spectral set of the positive operator associated with the deformation.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bozejko, M.: Completely positive maps on Coxeter groups and the ultracontractivity of the q-Ornstein-Uhlenbeck semigroup, Banach Center Publications, vol.43, (1999), pp. 87-93; Institute of Mathematics, Polish Academy of Sciences, WarsawaGoogle Scholar
- 2.Bozejko, M.: Ultracontractivity and strong Sobolev inequality for q-Ornstein-Uhlenbeck semigroup (-1<q<1), Infinite Dimensional Analysis, Quantum Probability and Related Topics. 2, 203–220 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Buchholz, A.: Free Khintchine-Haagerup inequality. Proc. AMSGoogle Scholar
- 7.Buchholz, A.: L∞-Khintchine-Bonami inequality in the free probability. Quantum Probability, Banach Center Publications 43, 105–109 (1998)Google Scholar
- 10.Effros, E., Ruan, Z.-J.: Operators spaces. Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2000Google Scholar
- 12.Hiai, F.: q-Deformed Araki-Woods algebras. PreprintGoogle Scholar
- 14.Pisier, G.: An introduction to operator spaces. Cambridge Press. 2003Google Scholar
- 17.Voiculescu, D.: Symmetries of some reduced free product of C*-algebras, Operator Algebras and Ergodic Theory. Lect. Notes in Math. Springer, 1132, 556–588 (1995)Google Scholar
- 18.Voiculescu, D., Dykema, K., Nica, A.: Free Random variables. CRM Monograph Series, Vol. 1, Centre Recherches Mathématiques, Université de Montréal, 1992Google Scholar