The Schrödinger Equation in the Mean-Field and Semiclassical Regime
- 185 Downloads
In this paper, we establish (1) the classical limit of the Hartree equation leading to the Vlasov equation, (2) the classical limit of the N-body linear Schrödinger equation uniformly in N leading to the N-body Liouville equation of classical mechanics and (3) the simultaneous mean-field and classical limit of the N-body linear Schrödinger equation leading to the Vlasov equation. In all these limits, we assume that the gradient of the interaction potential is Lipschitz continuous. All our results are formulated as estimates involving a quantum analogue of the Monge–Kantorovich distance of exponent 2 adapted to the classical limit, reminiscent of, but different from the one defined in Golse et al. [Commun Math Phys 343:165–205, 2016]. As a by-product, we also provide bounds on the quadratic Monge–Kantorovich distance between the classical densities and the Husimi functions of the quantum density matrices.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bardos, C., Erdös, L., Golse, F., Mauser, N., Yau, H.-T.: Derivation of the Schrödinger–Poisson equation from the quantum N-body problem. C. R. Acad. Sci. Paris, Sér. I 334, 515–520 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Berezin, F.A., Shubin, M.A.: The Schrödinger equation. Translated from the 1983 Russian edition. Mathematics and its Applications (Soviet Series), Vol. 66. Kluwer Academic Publishers Group, Dordrecht, 1991Google Scholar
- 12.Kato, T.: Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators. Reprint of the 1980 edition. Springer, Berlin, 1995Google Scholar
- 14.Lazarovici, D.: The Vlasov–Poisson dynamics as the mean-field limit of rigid charges (preprint). arXiv:1502.07047
- 15.Lazarovici, D., Pickl, P.: A mean-field limit for the Vlasov–Poisson system (preprint). arXiv:1502.04608
- 16.Lerner, N.: Some facts about the Wick calculus. Pseudodifferential Operators. Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 1949. Springer, Berlin, 135–174, 2008Google Scholar