A novel intervals-based algorithm for the distribution short-circuit calculation
- 70 Downloads
In this paper, a novel intervals-based distribution short-circuit calculation algorithm is proposed. In distribution networks, there are various renewable energy-based generators (solar panels, wind generators, small hydro turbines, etc.), as well as loads with uncertain generation and consumption. Therefore, short-circuit calculation has to consider all these uncertainties. The algorithm proposed in this paper deals with above-mentioned uncertainties, as well as correlations among them. Algorithm testing is performed on two test examples of distribution networks, 6-bus and 1003-bus, for the verification of its robustness and efficiency on real-life, large-scale systems. The results demonstrate that the proposed algorithm provides highly accurate results and that it is able to solve real-life short-circuit problems with a higher precision than the traditional deterministic short-circuit calculation algorithms.
KeywordsDistribution network Short circuit Uncertainty Interval arithmetic Correlation
This work was supported by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development, Serbia and Schneider Electric DMS NS, Serbia, under the Project III-42004.
- 1.Anderson PM (1995) Analysis of faulted power systems. IEEE Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Bergen AR, Vittal V (2000) Power system analysis, 2nd edn. Prentice Hall, Englewood CliffsGoogle Scholar
- 7.Strezoski LV, Prica MD (2016) Real-time short-circuit analysis of active distribution systems. In: IEEE power and energy conference at Illinois (PECI), Champagne, IL. https://doi.org/10.1109/PECI.2016.7459252
- 13.Howard DF, Smith TM, Starke M, Harley RG (2012) Short circuit analysis of induction machines—wind power application. In: IEEE transmission and distribution conference and exposition, Orlando, FL. https://doi.org/10.1109/TDC.2012.6281643
- 16.IEC 60909-0:2016 (2016) Short-circuit currents in three-phase a. c. systems—part 0: calculation of currentsGoogle Scholar
- 18.Zhang N, Kang C, Duan C, Tang X, Huang J, Lu Z, Wang W, Qi J (2010) Simulation methodology of multiple wind farms operation considering wind speed correlation. Int J Power Energy Syst 4:264–273. https://doi.org/10.2316/Journal.203.2010.4.203-4843 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 21.Ruiz-Rodriguez FJ, Hernández JC, Jurado F (2017) Voltage behaviour in radial distribution systems under the uncertainties of photovoltaic systems and electric vehicle charging loads. International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems 2:e2490. https://doi.org/10.1002/etep.2490 CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 29.Piegat A, Landowski M (2012) Is the conventional interval arithmetic correct? J Theor Appl Comput Sci 2:27–44Google Scholar
- 35.Strezoski LV, Katic V, Dumnic B, Prica MD (2016) Short-circuit modeling of inverter based distributed generators considering the FRT requirements. In: IEEE North American power symposium (NAPS), Denver, CO, USA, Sept 18–20, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/NAPS.2016.7747900